Gigass (ギガス Gigasu) was an ape-like kaiju that was one of the three awakened by the comet Cyphon. It was later destroyed by the SSSP, leaving Ultraman to deal with Red King.
Subtitle: Frozen Monster (冷凍怪獣 Hiya Kaijū)
Gigass was a monster awoken from the effects of the comet Tsuiphon as it passed the Earth. It awoke in the Arabis Mountains, emitting radio waves that could potentially detonate six missing nuclear bombs. Once the comet passed, the Science Patrol started a full search for the missing weapons and soon crossed paths with Gigass. As the team retreated, the monster Dorako flew in. They managed to lure Dorako to Gigass where the pair quickly engaged in combat.
As the titans waged war, a third contender burst forth from the rocks: Red King (who had swallowed the nuclear bombs). Red King challenged both Gigass and Dorako. The pair were no match for the deadly monster and Gigass was sent into full retreat, but the Science Patrol couldn’t allow such a dangerous beast to exist. As Gigass crawled away, they unleashed their Extreme Drought Bomb, a bomb that destroys any signs of water on the object it touches, putting a sudden end to its life while Ultraman dealt with Red King.
- Gigass' suit is a heavily modified Hydra suit.
- Gigass' name is inspired by "Gigas," a term for giants in Greek Mythology.
- Although not physically seen Gigass is one of the monsters and aliens to make up Beryudora's right arm in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie.
- Gigass' roar is a reused Gabora roar. Which is also a reused King Kong roar.
- Gigass has the same subtitle as Lagoras, Margodon, and Peguila.
- Like Woo, Gigass was inspired by a Yeti.
- This episode was later featured in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 17 "The Dreaded Comet Tsuiphon! The Three Roaring Monsters!!"
Gigass appeared at random near an important observatory. After dealing minimal damage to the robot, Sevenger, a new weapon was launched into the yeti, sending it flying into said observatory, causing both to explode.
- Though close in resemblance to his first appearance, this iteration of Gigass sports some differences with the original one from Ultraman, including darker and more detailed fur on his lower body, white claws on his hands, smaller eyes, and a more pronounced nose.
- Height: 40 m
- Weight: 13,000 t
- Origin: Japan Alps
- Powers and Weapons
- Freezing Beam: The Kaiju Encyclopedia stated that Gigass could fire a freezing beam from his mouth. It was not used in the show, however.
|Ultraman Kaiju & Seijin|
|Bemular | Alien Baltan | Neronga | Ragon | Greenmons | Guesra | Antlar | Red King | Chandora | Magular | Suflan | Pigmon | Gabora | Jirass | Gango | Mummy Man | Dodongo | Pestar | Gamakujira | Gavadon | Alien Baltan II | Bullton | Alien Zarab | Aboras | Banila | Hydra | Kemular | Underground People | Telesdon | Jamila | Gubila | Gigass | Dorako | Red King II | Suflan II | Gomora | Dada | Goldon | Woo | Keronia | Zambolar | Alien Mefilas | Giant Member Fuji | Alien Baltan III | Kemur Man II | Alien Zarab II | Skydon | Seabozu | Zaragas | Re-Pigmon | Re-Dorako | Re-Telesdon | Geronimon | Kiyla | Saigo | Alien Zetton | Zetton|
|Ultraman Z Kaiju & Seijin|
|Gomess | Sevenger | Genegarg | Bullton | Celebro | Neronga | Majappa | Bemstar | Segmeger | Gigass | Gomora | (Erimaki) Telesdon | Windom | Peguila | Zeppandon | Gilbaris|