Gameron (ガメロンUltra Q episode 6.) was a small turtle kaiju that appeared in
Subtitle: Large Turtle (大ガメ Ōgame)
- Length: 99 cm
- Weight: 1 t
- Flight speed: Mach 3
- Origin: Tokyo
Born as a regular turtle, Gameron was given a chemical by a boy named Taro in his biology lab. Little did anyone suspect that the chemical was actually a top secret mutagen that the school had been given by mistake. Later that day Gameron grew much larger and managed to scare off a pair of robbers that were trying to kidnap Taro. After Taro got on the turtle's back Gameron started to fly across Tokyo and went into the ocean to find the Ryūgū-jō.
Upon arriving, Taro met a young Otohime, the beautiful daughter of Ryūjin, the god of the sea. She was obnoxious, and started to anger him. After Taro used Gameron to follow her, Otohime created Kai Dragon out of a missile. She flew atop the dragon, and managed to fire a few fireballs, taking out the large turtle. Taro fell towards the sea, but Otohime managed to rescue Taro from drowning. She fixed his burned clothes and gave him a a box which will protect him as long as he didn't open it before she brought him back to reality. When Taro awoke, he told everyone about everything he experienced but they laughed, noting his story is similar to the legendary Urashima Taro. Forgetting the little girl's warning, Taro furiously opened the box, turning old but however awakened for real as the whole thing was a dream. Ever since the incident, Taro grown fed up with turtles except for his classmates, as all of them started to grow fond of turtles.
- The name "Gameron" is derived from the Daiei giant turtle monster, Gamera.
- Taro, Gameron, Kai Dragon and Otohime's story is in tribute to the legendary foltale Urashima Taro.
- Gameron's role in the Ultra Q episode is similar to the giant turtle that brought Urashima Taro to the Ryūgū-jō castle in the said folktale.
- Gameron is the first, and one of the few, protagonist monsters to be defeated by an antagonist kaiju.
- Gameron is the first quadrupedal kaiju to appear in the Ultra Series.
Powers and Weapons
- Intangibility: Gameron is capable of walking through walls. He can also take other beings with him should they be on his back.
- Flight: Gameron can fly in the speed of Mach 3.