Gaigareid (ガイガレード Gaigarēdo) was a Kaiju that appeared in the TV series, Ultraman Dyna.
- Gaigareid: Comet Monster (彗星怪獣 Suisei Kaijū)
- Neo Gaigareid: Super Synthetic Beast (超合成獣 Chō Gōsei-Jū)
Gaigareid was a monster from space who travelled in the form of a comet. Its course was set on a collision course for Earth, but as detected by Super GUTS's base on the moon. With a diameter of 200 km, it had to be destroyed near the outskirts of the solar system or its debris could still rain down upon the earth. With no alternative of getting there in time, Shin set out in the Hundred Formula Plasma spacecraft used for breaking the speed of light in order to stop the course of Gaigareid. With the Zero Drive and Shin's determination he managed to destroy the meteor. However, Gaigareid still had momentum carrying him through space and blasted Shin as he passed him by. After Shin turned into Ultraman Dyna the two giants fought each other in an asteroid field. Try as the hero could, Dyna had trouble holding his own against Gaigareid until he broke the space monster's bladed fingers off with brute strength. However, Gaigareid retaliated by firing explosive asteroids from his stomach at Dyna. Just as Gaigareid was about to use them again, Dyna used the Solgent Beam in the portal in his stomach and blew him up.
During Gransphire's assault on the lunar base, Neo Gaigareid (ネオガイガレード Neo Gaigarēdo) was created. It was another Gaigareid that the Sphere had merged with and was sent to destroy Super GUTS on one of the moons of Neptune. Upon landing it seemed as though nothing could harm Neo Gaigareid as he made his way to the base. However, before he could destroy the base Ultraman Dyna showed up to do battle with him. It seemed as though Neo Gaigareid was about to be defeated by the successor of Tiga especially after his arm blade was blown off. However, Neo Gaigareid used his grapple claw to take Ryo in a fighter hostage and escaped inside Gransphere as it was consuming the planetoid. However, Dyna managed to save Ryo from Neo Gaigareid, allowing Super GUTS to fire the Neo Maxima Cannon that destroyed him, but not Gransphire.
- Suit actors: Toshio Miyake, Koji Mimura (Neo)
- The head of Gaigareid's suit was modified from Intermediate Gyabish.
- Neo Gaigareid later went on to appear in the second part of a 1999 stage show where it fought against Ultraman Gaia.
- Height: 63 m
- Weight: 62,000 t
- Origin: From the moon of Space 43 Astronomical Unit
- Weakness: When Gaigareid shoots its asteroids, its stomach will be vulnerable; because it'll need to charge it before using the attack again, effectively rendering its stomach vulnerable in such a state.
- Powers and Weapons
- Meteor: Gaigareid travels in space by encasing himself within a meteor.
- Flight: Even without its meteor, Gaigareid can fly at very high speeds.
- Energy Balls: Gaigareid can launch purple energy balls from its mouth.
- Teleport: Gaigareid can teleport short distances.
- Bladed Fingers: Gaigareid's middle fingers are blades that are ideal for bashing enemies.
- Explosive Asteroids: Gaigareid can fire explosive asteroids from a portal in its stomach. Must be charged first before launched, though.
- Height: 69 m
- Weight: 80,000 t
- Origin: Satellite Ganymede, near Jupiter
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Neo Gaigareid can fly at very high speeds.
- Hand Weapons: Neo Gaigareid has a large blade for its right arm and a hook-claw for its left. Both of these can be fired off with a homing effect.
- Force Field: Neo Gaigareid can summon a red circular force field in front of itself.
- Red Destruction Ray (赤色破壊光線 Sekishoku Hakai Kōsen): Neo Gaigareid can charge energy from its hands to its mouth and fire a red energy beam.