Father of Ultra (ウルトラの父 Urutora no Chichi) is the Top Commander of the Inter Galactic Defense Force. He first appeared in the 27th episode of Ultraman Ace. He is the husband of Mother of Ultra, the father of Ultraman Taro and Ultraman Ace (by adoption), and grandfather of Ultraman Taiga. His real name is Ultraman Ken (ウルトラマンケン Urutoraman Ken).
- 1 History
- 1.1 Past
- 1.2 Ultraman Ace
- 1.3 Ultraman Story
- 1.4 Ultraman Taro
- 1.5 Ultraman Leo
- 1.6 Ultraman 80
- 1.7 Ultraman Mebius
- 1.8 Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
- 1.9 Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
- 1.10 Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire
- 1.11 Ultraman Ginga
- 1.12 Ultraman Geed
- 1.13 Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
- 1.14 Ultraman Taiga
- 1.15 Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- 2 Profile
- 3 Merchandise
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
Long ago, Ultraman Ken and his friend Ultraman Belial participated in the Ultimate Wars against Alien Empera and his army, who attacked the Land of Light. In the midst of battle, Ken and Belial were injured when they came across Ultrawoman Marie, who gave Ken the Ultimate Blade, the holy sword with great power, which was a family heirloom of hers. Unleashing his hidden power, Ken and Empera slashed at each other and caused similar wounds on their sides. This caused Empera to flee into hiding. In the aftermath, the people of Ultra decided to form the Inter Galactic Defense Force, with Ken becoming the Top Commander and adopting the title of Father of Ultra. This promotion in status caused Belial to become jealous of him and started his attempt to touch the Plasma Spark's core, an act which caused him to be exiled.
During the Revolt of Belial, Ken appeared to protect his wife and a younger Zoffy from Belial, who was turned into a Reionics by Alien Rayblood and attacked the Land of Light with his monster army but he was defeated as well. The conflict ended when Ultraman King arrived and subsequently sealed Belial in the Space Prison.
Ken was unable to use his hidden power on Belial, and suffered the consequences for it. In the aftermath, he sealed away his own past form as "Ken", and remained in his exerted state.
During Ace's time on Earth, a super intelligent alien by the name of Alien Hipporit came to Earth and managed to turn Ace into a jade statue. The rest of the Ultra Brothers came to help only to meet with the same fate. As TAC tried to hold the alien off, Father of Ultra appeared to battle the alien, but he too was being beaten, for he had traveled the vast distance between the Land of Light and Earth at full speed. Nearly defeated, Father of Ultra ripped out his own Color Timer and cast it into the air, sacrificing himself to give Ace his energy. Ace was revived and assaulted Hipporit and soon destroyed him with the Metalium Beam, then revived his brothers with Father of Ultra's Color Timer. Although Father of Ultra was dead, the brothers returned his body to the Land of Light where he was revived. Father of Ultra made his return later that year during Christmas, disguised as Santa Claus. Since then Father of Ultra has watched over more beings who joined the Ultra Brothers including his son Ultraman Taro and Ultraman 80. Father of Ultra would occasionally visit Earth to assist Ultras in need.
In this movie, Father of Ultra and his wife decided to give a young Taro training and motivation speeches after deeming Taro wasn't ready to join the Ultra Brothers. At the same time, Father of Ultra also told Taro the training that he received from his own father, which enabled him to defeat Juda 50,000 years ago by sealing the distortions formed. After Taro successfully defeated Grand King, Father of Ultra and Mother of Ultra then allowing their son to become part of the Ultra Brothers.
Father of Ultra first appeared with Yuko Minami, to stop Taro's fight with Mochiron, whose body was later used as a butter churn to make Rice Cakes. In the end, Father of Ultra and Yuko sent Mochiron into space for 'Mochi-Day' celebrations. He later appeared to destroy Rindon with his Ultra Feather and revived a woman with his Ultra Crown before taking his leave.
Father of Ultra watched the last survivors of Planet L77, Ultraman Leo and Astra, become the first members of the Ultra Brothers to not come from the Land of Light. He was seen again during a flashback in episode 38 where he used the Ultra Key to blow up a small planet.
Father of Ultra appeared once again in episode 39 along with Mother of Ultra after Astra returned the Ultra Key to the Land of Light, saving it from colliding with Earth.
During the first episode, Father of Ultra talks to Mebius about the importance of discovering something important, before granting him the Mebius Brace and sending him to Earth to be the newest protector of the planet. great threat, he address his concerns to Mother of Ultra.When Father of Ultra sensed a
Fearing Mebius is unable to defeat an powerful foe, he calls Mebius back to the Land of Light, but the young Ultra disobeys his orders and almost died at the hands of Inpelaizer until his son Taro arrived to save Mebius and forcing the robot to retreat. However, after acknowledging Mebius' courage in protecting Earth along with his comrades from GUYS, Taro and Father of Ultra decided to let Mebius to stay and continue guarding Earth.
After continuing to observe Mebius's efforts for quite some time, Father of Ultra came to the rescue after Mebius was transformed into a gold statue by Jasyuline. Father of Ultra was able to easily fend off Jasyuline and revived Mebius. Father of Ultra then watched as Mebius defeated Jasyuline with his Mebium Burst, as the latter tried to reach the Earth's Core to blow it up. Father of Ultra then acknowledged Mebius' bravery before leaving the planet.
After Alien Empera descended to Earth, he recalls his duel with Father of Ultra during the Ultimate Wars.
" Father of Ultra: Alien Empera! We will not allow you to put up the Sun's Light which shines down on Earth.
Alien Empera: Why, Father of Ultra? Why saves those lives so comfortabably lit up by the Sun? Darkness is what will become the truly eternal world!
Father of Ultra: Because when there is light, there is also darkness, if there is darkness, there will also be light again."
- ― Father of Ultra discussing with Alien Empera about the importance of Earth and light.
In the finale, Father of Ultra contacted the already losing Alien Empera that he would not cover the Earth in darkness and explained to him as long as darkness exists, there will be light as well.
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
Father of Ultra appeared along with Mother of Ultra and Zoffy, telling Hikari that he is unsuitable to join the Inter Galactic Defense Force. However, seeing Hikari's determination, he decided to give him a chance to prove himself to be suitable as one of the members. After Hikari defeated Alien Babarue, Father of Ultra accepted Hikari and sent him to Earth to assist Mebius in his battles.
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
Years passed, and for some reason, the minus energy was growing strong in the universe causing monsters to rampage, Father of Ultra feared that it was all a prelude to Ultraman Belial's escape.
That same day, the alarm to the Inter Galactic Defense Force went of, meaning Belial had escaped. Father of Ultra was completely sure that Belial would go after the Plasma Spark Tower again and ordered a defense placed around it. Ultraman Belial defeated hordes of Ultras, and caused destruction in the Land of Light, Belial eventually made it inside the tower after defeating most of the Inter Galactic Defense Force. Inside after defeating Jack, Ace and 80, he started a fight against Father of Ultra, which Father of Ultra was initially winning, until Belial hit Father of Ultra with the Giga Battle Nizer where he had the scar from his fight with Alien Empera, weakening him and beating him afterwards. Belial defeated Mother of Ultra in a short fight, and as he was tried to kill them both, Taro suddenly appeared and almost died to save his parents from the attack. Belial took the Plasma Spark, and left the Land of Light, completely freezing it, when the cold was arriving to the Tower, Taro invoked his Ultra Dynamite power to protect the of last light that was left on the Land of Light. Father was somewhat relieved that there was still hope as he was left frozen along Mother of Ultra.
In the end, Ultraman Zero defeated Ultraman Belial and recovered the Plasma Spark. After he returned it to the pedestal, all the Land of Light was revived, and all the Ultramen were restored from their frozen states, including Father and Mother. In the end, all the Ultras went to listen to Ultraman King's speech, that their mission was not done yet, and there was still evil in the galaxy that they had to stop.
Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire
Father of Ultra makes a short appearance in the beginning of the movie. After Ultraman Zero and Ultraseven defeat a trio of Darklops, they returned to the Inter Galactic Defense Force HQ with a peace that was left from the robot. It was later discovered by Ultraman 80 that this robot came form another universe, but Father stated that only one Ultra was able to go there, because the light in the Land of Light only had enough energy for one, Ultraman Zero volunteered to go, and when he left the Land of Light every Ultra gave him their light, for Zero to start his mission.
Father and Mother of Ultra appeared in Ultraman Ginga episode 5. It was a flashback scene where Father scolded a young Taro for saying he wanted to be just like him when he grew up. As Taro watches Dark Lugiel destroy the school, Father of Ultra and Mother of Ultra appear to him in a vision, and encourage him to keep fighting on. This, coupled with the singing of the humans, brings Taro fully back to life once more, and he bravely goes to fight Dark Lugiel.
Father of Ultra's Little Star was under Sui Asakura's possession which allows him to perceive anything in the universe. The Ultra Capsule was harvested by Riku after Sui explained the meaning of his name, who finally used it alongside Zero's capsule to assume Geed Magnificient to defeat Pedanium Zetton. After sensing Belial absorbing King's Childhood Radiation from the Land of Ultra with his wife, Father of Ultra went to Earth and held Belial (in his Atrocious Form) with a forcefield, allowing Riku/Geed to regroup with his friends. However, Belial managed to overpower Father of Ultra before watching Geed's battle with the former and sensed his determination to defeat Belial. Father of Ultra compliment Geed alongside King who restored his body and left the Earth.
Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect the Wishes!
In this movie, Father of Ultra had Zoffy informing the Ultimate Force Zero to visit Geed's Earth and defending the planet from Gillvalis. Father of Ultra later congratulated the Ultras for their success in destroying Gillvalis.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
Following the emergence of Absolute Tartarus and his appearance against Zero and the Ultra Brothers, Father of Ultra discussed the situation with his wife, his son, Zoffy and Ultraman 80. Knowing that this was a universe-threatening situation, He dispatched Zero to gather a team to combat the threat.
When Taiga returned to the Land of Light following and order from Taro, the boy greeted his grandparents. Taro tried to reprimand him, telling him to call them by their titles in public, but the two of them did not mind Taiga's form of address.
- Height: 40 m (Young), 45 m (Current)
- Weight: 45,000 (Young), 50,000 t (Current)
- Age: 160,000 years old
- Home World: Land of Light, Nebula M78
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 15
- Maximum Running Speed: 700 km/h
- Maximum Underwater Speed: 200 knots
- Maximum Underground Speed: Mach 6
- Maximum Jumping Height: 350 m
- Arm Strength: 120,000 t
- Grip Strength: 50,000 t
- Occupation: Top Commander of the Inter Galactic Defense Force (The Highest Office of the organizations), President of the Land of Light (He may no longer hold this office)
- Family Structure:
- Husband of Mother of Ultra
- Adoptive father of Ultraman Ace
- An old friend of Ace's father, who was killed in action.
- Father of Ultraman Taro
- Maternal uncle-in-law of Ultraseven and his older brother and sister (Marie is the younger sister of their late mother)
- Granduncle of Seven's son, Ultraman Zero
- Grandfather of Taro's son, Ultraman Taiga
- Ultra Horns: A feature only seen in the male progeny of his bloodline, his horns can be used to manipulate energy but also act as antennae telling him of events all over the cosmos giving him a type of omniscience. Their great size are due to his age.
- Beard: Father of Ultra has side burns on the side of his face, only male Ultras of at least 40,000 years of age begin to grow facial hair.
- Color Timer: Father of Ultra's Color Timer acts the same way as any other native to the Showa Universe.
- Ultra Armor: Father of Ultra is a seasoned warrior and has trained his body to be resistant to fire, lasers and high pressures. However like all Showa universe Ultras he is vulnerable to the cold.
- Arms: Father of Ultra's full powered punch can destroy a 100km asteroid in one blow.
- Legs: Father of Ultra's jump kick can produce a force up to that of an atomic bomb.
Father of Ultra appeared in episode 38 of Ultraman Ace as a street Santa Claus to help Ace defeat Namahage and Snowgiran. This was after he had fought Alien Hipporit and was resurrected successfully. During this visit, he brought along Yuko Minami for a visit to see Seiji Hokuto, Ace's now lone human host.
- Father Barrier (ファザーバリア Fazā Baria): A curtain-like barrier.
- Phantom Fire: Used Ultraman Story the movie, used to create fire at Taro's feet as part of his training.
- Ultra Shower (ウルトラシャワー Urutora Shawā): A high-pressure stream of water from his fingertips.
- Ultra Charge (ウルトラチャージ Urutora Chāji): A beam from his Color Timer which he used to revive Mebius after Jasyuline turned him into a gold statue.
- Managing Chain Flasher: Used in Ultraman Story, a red beam used to send Taro to Earth.
- Color Timer Transfer: Used in Ultraman Ace episode 27 where he tore out his Color Timer and transfer its remaining energy to Ace. However, he died after that.
- Travel Sphere: Father of Ultra can travel to other places via a travel sphere.
- Ultra Sign (ウルトラサイン Urutora Sain): Like other Ultras, Father of Ultra is capable of creating an Ultra Sign.
- Forcefield: Father of Ultra can erect a protective forcefield over himself to trap enemies within it.
- Teleportation (テレポーテーション Terepōtēshon): Father of Ultra can teleport to any place he wishes in swirls of green energy.
- Hidden Power: Ken can somehow unleash his hidden power after gaining the Ultimate Blade. In the past, this was shown by gaining his Ultra Buckle, as well as his Ultra Horns and sideburns growing, briefly resembling his appearance later in his adult life. He also creates a golden dimension-like area to fight in.
- Ultra Array (ウルトラアレイ Urutora Arei): An iron dumbbell-shaped weapon which is in his Ultra Buckle usually.
- Blinding Flash: The Ultra Array is capable of emitting light from it and blinding his opponents and causing them pain.
- Brace Creation: Father of Ultra used this weapon to create Mebius' Mebius Brace.
- Ultra Feather (ウルトラフェザー Urutora Fezā): A feather-shaped weapon. Used to destroy Rindon.
- Ultra Crown (ウルトラクラウン Urutora Kuraun): A flower crown item which revives the dead.
- Ultimate Blade (ウルティメイトブレード Urutimeito Burēdo): A sword which was used in fighting Alien Empera 30,000 years ago.
- Ultra Key (ウルトラキー Urutora Kī): A key which controls the energy of the Land of Light hidden in the Second Ultra Tower. When this is lost, the Land of Light goes out of orbit. The Ultra Key also serves as a powerful energy rifle, which can destroy asteroids with one shot and severely damage larger celestial objects such as planets.
- Father Shot (ファザーショット Fazā Shotto): An "L" style beam.
- Crescent Shot (クレッセントショット Kuresento Shotto): A crescent-shaped light bullet from his fingertips.
- Power Beam: A recovery beam from his right hand. It also can be used in his human form.
- Energy Beam (エネルギー光線 Enerugī Kōsen): An energy beam from his Ultra Horns.
- Rush Blast: Father of Ultra charges and blasts the enemy.
- Big Beam (ビッグ光線 Biggu Kōsen): A beam giving off 870,000° of heat. Works on the same principals as Zoffy's M87 Beam. Not used in shows.
- Telepathy Ray: A beam of light from his forehead that he used in Ultraman Story. It was used to show Taro the battle between Miclas and Eleking.
- Father Chop: A horizontal chop to the opponent's throat. Used on Alien Hipporit.
- Father Kick: A kick that concentrates all of Ken's power into a megaton kick. Used on Alien Hipporit, landing between the eyes and Jashrine, hitting him in the stomach.
- Father Throw: A throwing tecnique used on Alien Hipporit and Jasyuline.
- Ultimate Thunder (ウルティメイトサンダー Urutimeito Sandā): Exclusive to Ultraman Fusion Fight! R/B's Bond, Father of Ultra repeated slashes at the enemy using his Ultimate Blade before Belial fires his Belial Geno Thunder.
- Father of Ultra is the first Ultra shown to...:
- Bear Ultra Horns
- Be married and have a child
- Appear in human form as a giant
- Father of Ultra's human form is portrayed by Isamo Tamagawa.
- Father of Ultra's suit in Ultraman Ace episode 27 (his first appearance) is not newly constructed, but it is one made by remodeling the suit of Zoffy used in the first episode (in addition, it is possible to confirm the thin line on the abdomen of Zoffy, Zoffy Tosaka black can only be confirmed at the back of the head).
- Father of Ultra's grunts are low pitch version of Ultraman's produced by Masao Nakasone. His grunts are the exact same ones used for Zoffy in Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3 and Ultraman King.
- It is possible that Father of Ultra can defeat Belial as he managed to hold him for few moments but he was struck on his wound, weakening him when fighting Belial.
- When he decends from his travel sphere in the finale of Ultraman Geed, a loud gong is heard. This is possibly a throwback to his first appearance in Ultraman Ace.
- Later devices have used the gong as Father of Ultra’s “rise” SFX.
- When he fought Belial Atrocious, Geed Magnificent's theme plays.