Ultraman Orb (Emerium Slugger)
|First Appearance:||Ultraseven Episode 1: "The Invisible Challenger"|
The Eye Slugger (アイスラッガー Ai Suraggā) is the signature space boomerang weapon of Ultraseven. The crest on Ultraseven's head that can be detached and used as a projectile weapon. It is Seven's most well-known weapon, and possibly the most famous of all Ultra items, as well as being one of the most iconic and inspiring items to come from the Ultra Series.
Ultraman Orb also has an exact copy of the Eye Slugger when he uses his Emerium Slugger form, as part of the assets from Ultraseven's Ultra Fusion Card. Ultraman Geed uses the Geed Slugger, derived from the Eye Slugger when he uses his Solid Burning form, as part of the assets from Ultraseven's Ultra Capsule.
The name "Eye Slugger" was coined during the early pre-production on the series, which was going to be called "Ultra Eye", hence "Eye Slugger." When the title of the series was changed to Ultraseven, the name of the weapon remained "Eye Slugger"—according to official Tsuburaya Productions production notes, published in Kodansha Official File Magazine Ultraman Vol. 4 & 5: "Ultra Seven" (2005).
When not in use, Seven mounts the Eye Slugger on his head as a crest. The Eye Slugger can be used as a projectile weapon or as a close range combat weapon, and is cable of cutting through immensely dense objects. Seven can also direct energy into the Eye Slugger as to make its impact more powerful as well as splitting into multiple Eye Sluggers to deal more damage to an opponent.
Techniques in conjunction with the Eye Slugger
- Ultra Knock Tactics (ウルトラノック戦法 Urutora Nokku Senpō): Ultraseven can direct energy into the Eye Slugger before firing the weapon towards enemies. It has a combustible effect and can destroy enemies in one hit.
- Multiple Eye Slugger: After firing the Ultra Superior at the Eye Slugger, it can multiply into multiple copies of the Eye Slugger.
- Ultraman Orb (Emerium Slugger)
- Hyper Ultra Knock Tactic (
超ウルトラノック戦法 Haipā Urutora Nokku Senpō): Orb fires all three of his Sluggers at his target, they surround his target while slashing at them. It is performed in a similar manner to that of Seven's Ultra Knock Tactics. This is used in conjuction with the Orb Sluggers.
- It has been incorrectly referred to as an "Ice Lugger" by various sources.
- In the Heisei Ultra Seven series, Seven's Eye Slugger was broken on the top at the end of an episode. This was because he repeatedly struck King Joe's hard Pedanium body in the same spot until the robot was defeated by his Ultra Knock Tactics technique.
- However, in the next episode, it appeared back to normal.
|Crest Weapons||Eye Slugger | Vezard | Maxium Sword | Zero Sluggers | Xlugger | Orb Sluggers | Geed Slugger | R/B Slugger|
|Bracers and Bracelets||Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Converter | King Bracelet | Stratos Edge | Armed Nexus | Mephisto Claw | Max Spark | Max Galaxy | Mebius Brace | Knight Brace | Ultra Zero Bracelet | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Taiga Spark|
|Armors||Protector | Cosmo Techtor | Grantechtor | Aarb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Zero Slugger Gear | MonsArmor|
|Others||Ace Blade | Ultra Array | Ultra Magic Ray | Leo Nunchaku | Ultra Mantle | Giga Battle Nizer | Ginga Spark Lance | Knight Timbre | Orbcalibur | Orb Slasher | Geed Claw | King Sword | Giga Finalizer | Orb Dark Calibur | Orb Ring NEO | R/B Kourin | Taiga Tri-Blade|