"I am not your enemy, so you have nothing to fear about."
- ―Etelgar to Arena before summoning Five King.
|Home world:||The land of demons|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!|
|Latest appearance:||Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes|
|Actor/Voice actor:||Tatsuhisa Suzuki|
G. Larry Butler (English Dub)
|Affiliation:||Arena ("Mistress"/Unwilling pawn)|
Etelgar (エタルガー Etarugā), also known as Etalgar, is Arena's companion and the true antagonist of Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!.
Subtitle: Super Space-time Demon (超時空魔神 Chō Jikū Majin)
Ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
Long ago, Etelgar attacked Planet Zandt and captured one of their residents, Arena. He manipulated her memories by concealing his image as her planet's destroyer is Ultraman Ginga, thus with her, they went to various dimensions and kidnapped Heisei Ultras.
After imprisoning most of the Heisei Ultras, he proceeded to overpower and imprison Ultraman Cosmos, on Planet Juran. With Cosmos imprisoned and separated from his host, Ultimate Zero appeared and challenged Etelgar, who fled using his castle to cover his and Arena's escape. While travelling across universes, Etelgar notified his mistress of their next target, the Ultraman from the future.
When he arrived on Earth, he was challenged by Ultraman Ginga and Ultraman Victory. However, his combat skills were more than enough to avoid all of Ginga and Victory attacks. He almost succeeded in sealing the duo, but Ultraman Zero arrived for a rematch. Etelgar was strong enough to withstand Zero's Ultimate Aegis attack which only burned off the demon's scarf as well as breaking his mask.
Once again, Etelgar retreated and Ultraman Zero took the opportunity to hold a special training regimen for Hikaru and Shou. On the next day, Etelgar started making his move and collect all of the fear of civilian population (including Hikaru and Shou) to create an Eteldummy of Dark Lugiel. After that he escaped to his castle.
After all of sealed Ultras were freed, all of Ultras, save Cosmos and the newborn Ultraman Ginga Victory, the Ultras confronted their rival of Eteldummies that created by Etelgar and the duo fought Etelgar on top of his castle. Etelgar managed to hold up Cosmos' Luna Mode and Ginga Victory but had a hard time after Cosmos changed to Eclipse Mode and Ginga Victory UlTrans Shepherdon and Hyper Zetton. Cosmos was able to separate Arena and cure her with his Cosmium Ray, leaving Ginga Victory to destroy Etelgar with his Ultra Fusion Shoot once and for all. Etelgar is destroyed above Planet Earth. The other Ultras became Crossover Formation and destroyed Etelgar's castle with their signature beams.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 35,000 t
- Origin: The land of demons
- Powers and Weapons
- Memory Manipulation: Etelgar is capable of manipulating one's memories, as he used to trick Arena into thinking Ultraman Ginga was her planet's destroyer.
- Space-time Castle: Etelgar owns a space-time castle that he shared with Arena. This castle has a lot of functions, including:
- Space-time Travel: The castle is capable of travelling through time and space.
- Energy Blasts: The castle is capable of firing multiple energy blasts.
- Golden Armor: Etelgar's golden armor is thick, strong enough to withstand a clash with Ultimate Zero and survives his greatest attack, Final Ultimate Zero. Despite this, he preferred to run, rather than initially face him.
- Etel Inferno (エタルインフェルノ Etaru Inferuno): Etelgar's body glowed bright golden when he flew through Ultraman Cosmos' Naybuster Ray, hitting the Ultra and forcing him to revert to his Luna Mode.
- Super Strength: Etelgar possessed enough strength to overpower Ultraman Cosmos' Corona Mode and presumably the strength forms of other Heisei Ultras.
- Scarf: While seemingly a normal scarf, Etelgar used it in his battle against Ultraman Cosmos to attack the Ultra, like a club. This scarf was burned after being attacked by Final Ultimate Zero.
- Etel Centurion (エタルセンチュリオン Etaru Senchurion): Etelgar can fire energy blasts at rapid succession. In Ultraman Hit Song History New Generation, he can fire a single giant blast, charged up in his hands.
- Transportation: By firing a purple ray from his eyes or hands, Etelgar can transport other beings into the Space-time Castle.
- Energy Shield: Etelgar can create a shield to block attacks.
- Fear Ray: By firing a purple ray from his hands, Etelgar can make the victim hallucinate about their greatest fear.
- Fear Blasts: Etelgar can fire a mass of purple Fear Blasts from his hands. Instead of making people hallucinate, this takes the victim's fear directly and creates an Eteldummy.
- Eteldummy Creation: Etelgar can create an army of clones called Eteldummy (エタルダミー Etarudami) consist of the old enemies that the Heisei Ultras faced before, Five King, Alien Sran, Dark Mephisto, Alien Empera, Ultraman Belial, and Dark Lugiel. They are created from the memories of fears of others. It is also shown that their size is determinable by how much fear it created from.
- Flight: Etelgar can perform an anti-gravity flight.
- Removal Blast: In Ultraman Hit Song History New Generation Etelgar used an energy blast that removed the Ultra Capsules within Zero Beyond.
Cyber Etelgar (サイバーエタルガー Saibā Etarugā)
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 35,000 t
- Origin: Xio headquarters
- Cyber Power: 24/25
- Powers and Weapons
- Dark Lugiel - From Shizukugaoka citizens
- Five King - From Ultraman Tiga, Dyna, and Gaia
- Dark Mephisto - From Ultraman Nexus
- Alien Sran - From Ultraman Max
- Alien Empera - From Ultraman Mebius
- Ultraman Belial - From Ultraman Zero
Having survived his defeat in a previous battle against Ultraman Ginga Victory, Etelgar plotted his revenge by sealing New Generation Ultras, each in different locations: Ultraman Ginga on the Moon, Victory in the Victorian kingdom, X in cyberspace, Orb on Planet O-50 and lastly Ultraman Geed in the Monster Graveyard after a short duel against Zero Beyond. The latter recruited Ultraman Rosso and Blu in order to unseal all Ultras as they fought against Etelgar. The fight ended with Etelgar defeated once more by the combined attacks, of Rosso, Blu, Geed, and Zero Beyond.
- Etelgar's name comes from the katakana for "Eternal" (エターナル Etānaru).
- Etelgar somehow managed to defeat Ultraman Noa and exhaust him to the point of him reverting to Nexus, before capturing him. How he managed to do so is unknown.
- Etelgar and Arina's actors previously starred in the 2012 Super Sentai Series, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, where their characters often worked together as partners.
- Etelglar was designed by Masayuki Goto, the artist who did the illustrations for Another Genesis and the Box art for the Ultraman Zero movies, and the DVD boxes for Ultraman Mebius, Nexus and Max. Goto first design Etelgar to be a successor to Vict Lugiel, which was turned down after Koichi Sakamoto requested the character to be humanoid as opposed to monstrous. There was also an idea for one of Etelgar's arms to be deformed and form into a multitude of weapons, allude to Victory's own Ultrans. This was unable to be realized, so Etelgar's current design was put in place.
- Etelgar's true intentions for attacking and capturing the Heisei Ultramen and separating them from their human hosts is because the one thing Etelgar he himself fears is the bond between Ultras and their human hosts. This is confirmed when Ultraman Ginga Victory is about to destroy Etelgar above Planet Earth, although he only sneers in response.
- Cyber Etelgar's red linings resembles that of RX-0 Unicorn Gundam's Destroy Mode from the Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
- According to the English Dubbed version of the movie, Etelgar classifies himself as "The oldest space time warrior."
|Ultra Galaxy Fight: New Generation Heroes Kaiju & Seijin|
|Ultra Dark Killer | Dark Lugiel | Etelgar | Peguila | Red King I and II|