Dream (夢・想 Mu・sō) is the ninth episode of SSSS.GRIDMAN.
The monster that appeared in the city did not do anything but float around. Akane interferes with Yuta to regain the world she envisioned. Yuta, who disconnected from Gridman, faces the greatest crisis.
Voice Drama 9.9
I've Reflected On It, I've Reflected On It (反省します反省しました Hansei shimasu hansei shimashita)
While the Gridman Alliance sleep, the Neon Genesis Junior High Students discuss what happened, until Borr complains to Orie Takarada about the stench of their coffee.
Voice Drama 9.99999999
On That Day (あの日のこと Ano hi no koto)
Note: This voice drama was never officially uploaded to YouTube and is exclusively included in Volume 3 of the SSSS.GRIDMAN Blu-ray and DVD release.
While in the dream world, Yuta's "girlfriend" Akane asks him about what happened on "that day". He tries and fails to remember.
- Yuta Hibiki (響裕太 Hibiki Yūta): Yuya Hirose (広瀬 裕也 Hirose Yūya) (Japanese dub)/Brandon McInnis (Funimation Dub)
- Gridman (グリッドマン Guriddoman): Hikaru Midorikawa (緑川 光 Midorikawa Hikaru) (Japanese dub)/Robert McCollum (Funimation Dub)
- Sho Utsumi (内海 将 Utsumi Shō): Soma Saito (斉藤 壮馬 Saitō Sōma) (Japanese dub)/Greg Ayres (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka Takarada (宝多六花 Takarada Rikka): Yume Miyamoto (宮本 侑芽 Miyamoto Yume) (Japanese dub)/Jill Harris (Funimation Dub)
- Akane Shinjo (新条 アカネ Shinjō Akane): Reina Ueda (上田 麗奈 Ueda Reina) (Japanese dub)/Lindsay Seidel (Funimation Dub)
- Alexis・Kerib (アレクシス・ケリヴ Arekushisu Kerivu): Tetsu Inada (稲田徹 Inada Tetsu) (Japanese dub)/Barry Yandell (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka's Mother (六花ママ Rikka Mama): Mayumi Shintani (新谷真弓 Shintani Mayumi) (Japanese dub)/Anastasia Munoz (Funimation Dub)
- Samurai・Calibur (サムライ・キャリバー Samurai Kyaribā): Ryosuke Takahashi (高橋良輔 Takahashi Ryōsuke) (Japanese dub)/Ian Sinclair (Funimation Dub)
- Max (マックス Makkusu): Katsuyuki Konishi (小西克幸 Konishi Katsuyuki) (Japanese dub)/Cris George (Funimation Dub)
- Vit (ヴィット Vitto): Masaya Matsukaze (松風雅也 Matsukaze Masaya) (Japanese dub)/Chris Burnett (Funimation Dub)
- Borr (ボラー Borā): Aoi Yuki (悠木碧 Yūki Aoi) (Japanese dub)/Apphia Yu (Funimation Dub)
- Anti (アンチ Anchi): Kenichi Suzumura (鈴村健一 Suzumura Ken'ichi) (Japanese dub)/Stephen Fu (Funimation Dub)
- Primal Fighter
- Akane is seen playing with figures of Robot Chief and Mountain Gulliver 5 just after Yuta wakes up.
- The Uchusen magazine from episode 6 reappears.
- Akane mentions the names of Yadokarin, Majaba, Chaos Jirak, Gobnu Ogma and Gomora Reionics Burst, when quizzed by Utsumi.
- Utsumi wanted to get an Ultra Mech Selection II toy set, which was an actual toy set containing several attack team vehicles across multiple series.
- The Sevendarake store is, in addition to being a parody of the Mandarake toy store, a reference Ultraseven, who was the next Ultra to defend Earth after Ultraman. It should be noted that Ultraman's name is frequently shortened to "Man (マン )" when addressing him among his peers, especially in the Showa Era shows. The logo of the shop also has Ultraseven's Eye Slugger on it.
- Utsumi buys a Space Mammy toy, a UGM spaceship from Ultraman 80. He also wanted to buy a GOKAZOKU Hexa Wing, from the Ultraman Nice infomercials, but they were not available. Utsumi also got a MAT Arrow-1 and a figure of Bakugon.
- Akane has some Ultra Series shows at home, which are: Ultraman: The Adventure Begins (she calls it Ultra Force), Ultraman Boy's Ultra Coliseum, Ultraman Nice and Ultra Q in technicolor.
- The scene where the screen pans upwards to Gridman is done very similarly to a scene in the second opening of Ultraman Nexus.
- Merchandise of Jumborg 9 and Mighty from Mighty Jack can be seen on display at the Sevendarake shop.
- Utsumi buys a figure of Baranda V, a monster from Fireman.
|Awakening | Restoration | Defeat | Suspicion | Provocation | Contact | Scheme | Confrontation | Dream | Collapse | Decisive Battle | Awakening (Finale)|