Diplodocus (ディプロドフォーカス, Dipurodofōkasu) is a very famous large sauropod dinosaur that lived during the Late Jurassic period of the Western United States.
A Diplodocus was one of the many targets of time traveling poachers in Dinosaur Expedition Born Free.
|Wikipedia has a more detailed and comprehensive article on Diplodocus|
- Height: N/A (Born Free), 5 m (real life)
- Length: N/A (Born Free), 32.9 m (real life)
- Weight: N/A (Born Free), 10-16 (real life)
- Origin: Prehistoric Earth
Dinosaur Expidition Born Free
Trivia not relevant for the series
- Diplodocus means "Double beamed" in Greek, in reference to its double-beamed chevron bones located in the underside of the tail.
- The real Diplodocus was longer than the real Brontosaurus, although it was the lighter of the two.
- In 2004, a presentation at the annual conference of the Geological Society of America showed that Seismosaurus was in fact a species of Diplodocus. This was followed by a much more detailed publication in 2006, which not only renamed the species Diplodocus hallorum, but also speculated that it could prove to be the same as D. longus. The position that D. hallorum should be regarded as a specimen of D. longus was also taken by the authors of a new description of Supersaurus, refuting a previous hypothesis that Seismosaurus and Supersaurus were the same. It is now believed to be from an immature animal, not a separate species
Powers and Abilities
Dinosaur Expedition Born Free
|Dinosaur Expedition Born Free Kaiju|
|Giant Ammonite | Brontosaurus | Allosaurus | Tyrannosaurus | Triceratops | Trachodon | Stegosaurus | Iguanodon | Pteranodon | Gorgosaurus | Stegoceras | Ankylosaurus | Polacanthus | Monoclonius | Brachiosaurus | Corythosaurus | Diplodocus | Ezomikasa Dragon|