Zebubu Subtitle: Destruction Devil (破滅魔人 Hametsu Majin)
The title "Shinigami" is a Japanese equivalent of the Grim Reaper.
Zebubu's name is derived "Beelzebub", a name for Satan and/or a Philistine god in the Old Testament. The Bezelb would later be named similarly.
The Deathbringer is based on the Buddha and the Japanese death god.
Zebubu is based on an owl which are said in legend to be bad omens and Death's bird.
As the messenger of the Radical Destruction Bringer the Deathbringer was sent to destroy Earth with the massive Kaiju Mokian. He also tried to convince Hiroya Fujimiya to fight for the Radical Destruction Bringer, and thus kidnapped Reiko Yoshi. The Deathbringer lured Fujimiya into the pocket dimension within Mokian. He then explained the condition of the universe, the human race being a threat, and the Radical Destruction Bringer's wishes. As Mokian neared its demise, the Deathbringer left and collapsed the pocket dimension that contained him and the two humans.
On Earth, the Deathbringer transformed into Zebubu and fought Agul. Zebubu cut Agul's hip open with his blade and gravely injured him. Ultraman Gaia arrived and healed Agul, who then turned back to Fujimiya. Zebubu launched attacks on Gaia and XIG. A fierce fight ensued and Zebubu lost one of its horns and eye in the process. Gaia transformed into Supreme Version and used the Photon Stream to defeat him. With the Deathbringer gone, the final phase of the invasion commenced.
- The Deathbringer was played by Masami Horiuchi, who wore a full-body costume, leaving his mouth exposed while painted.
- Powers and Weapons
- Womb of Mokian (モキアンの体内 Mokian no Tainai): The Deathbringer can drag anyone into a pocket dimension that is said to be within the Kaiju Mokian.
- Projecton: The Deathbringer can project what is outside of Mokian while within the pocket dimension.
- Human Disguise: The Deathbringer can disguise as a human.
- Electronics Hijacking: The Deathbringer can enter electronics such as a television, to convey his messages to people.
- Levitate: The Deathbringer is always shown levitating in a sitting position.
- Teleportation: The Deathbringer suddenly appears out of nowhere in a flash of light.
- Spontaneous Destruction: The Deathbringer somehow causes buildings to spontaneously explode.
- Transformation: The Deathbringer can transform into Zebub at will.
- Height: 66 m
- Weight: 66,000 t
- Zebubu's barrier is created by his eyes, the loss of one will not only blind him but strip him of his barrier.
- If his horns are destroyed, he will lose the ability to fire lightning bolts.
- Powers and Weapons
- Blade: In place of a right hand Zebub has a blade that he uses to stab and slash enemies. Is sharp enough to pierce through Agul's skin.
- Electrocution: Zebubu shines a ray of light from crystal on his forehead, which then causes opponents to be electrocuted.
- Lighting Bolt: He can launch purple lighting bolts from his horns.
- Energy Bullet: He can launch purple balls of energy from his hand.
- Barrier: Zebubu can make a energy barrier powerful enough to stand attacks and not break.
- Special Electromagnetism Wave: An electromagnetic wave wave surrounding Zebubu's entire body except its eyes. Due to its nature, coming into direct contact with Zebubu will cause an electric shock.
- Uchusen Editing Fantastic Collection - Fantastic World of Fictional Special Effects Filming: Ultraman Tiga/Ultraman Dyna/Ultraman Gaia pg 77
- The Ultraman Chronicles: The History of Light Soldier's Battle, 1979-2003 pg 149