Darramb (ダーラム Dāramu) is one of the three Giants of Darkness that appeared in Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey as one of two secondary antagonists. He has superhuman strength stronger than the other Giants of Darkness, and at one point was not only Tiga Dark's comrade, but his friend as well.
Subtitle: Herculean Warrior (剛力戦士 Gōriki Senshi)
- 1 History
- 2 Profile
- 3 Other Media
- 4 Merchandise
- 5 Trivia
30 million years ago, Darramb existed as one of the Ultra-Ancient Giants of Light that existed during the time of the Ultra-Ancient Civilization at R'lyeh. However, he, Camearra, Hudra and Tiga found a great power of "darkness" within their hearts and became Giants of Darkness, who used their powers for evil and began to destroy the world amidst a civil war between the Ultra-Ancient Giants. Eventually, Yuzare somehow convinced Tiga to follow the path of light again, betraying his former comrades. Tiga defeated the three Giants of Darkness and took their powers, gaining his Type Changes, and sealed them as stone statues in the R'lyeh ruins. From Darramb's dark energy converted to light, Tiga gained his Power Type.
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey
Trapped in stone as 30 million years passed, Gatanothor's war with Ultraman Tiga would reveal the location of their ancient tomb to mankind, soon resulting in an exploration discovering them. Soon the ancient trio awakened and began to assault those who had awakened them, Darramb throwing a column at the humans. It was then the duo plunged their fists into the cave walls, awakening the army of Shibito-Zoiger on the area. However, Yuzare, a spirit of the ancient civilization appeared and sealed the island in a pyramid of light, stopping the Giants of Darkness and there army from escaping. After this, Darramb and Hudra would follow their master as she made preparations for their escape from the island. However, the two males were impatient and tried to break free on their own, only to be blasted to the ground. Camearra lead her trio back into Daigo’s dreams, allowing Hudra and Darramb to blow off steam on the human before calling them off to present him with the Black Sparklence, before the trio left.
Daigo soon confronted the trio on R'lyeh, becoming Tiga Dark and breaking the barrier, letting darkness spread over the world. Hudra and Darramb transformed to confront him, and when he refused to join them, Darramb cut Hudra off to fight Tiga himself. The two giants fought and Darramb grabbed Tiga’s legs, lifting him overhead with ease before dragging him down into the Dark Water. The two giants battled but out of fear of falling into the Darkness, Tiga didn’t use his full power of darkness and was thrown like a rag doll, slammed through a building. Darramb caught Tiga as he flew at him and sent him flying into a cliff.
"Goodbye... dear, my friend."
As Tiga attempted another such move, Darramb punched him out of the air, but the overconfident Darramb was tripped by Tiga, who began to gain the upper hand. However, the ground gave way under Tiga’s feet and he sunk up to his waist, allowing Darramb to jump on him repeatedly to bury him further. With Tiga buried up to his neck, Darramb prepared to apply the finishing blow with his Fire Magnum. But when the dust cleared, Tiga stood unharmed, having converted Darramb’s attack into light energy and becoming Tiga Tornado. Darramb charged but was cut off with a blast of the Deracium Beam Torrent, striking him in the chest and destroying the first Dark Giant in a huge explosion.
- Height: 62 m
- Weight: 68,000 t
- Age: Unknown
- Light Crystal: Like Tiga, Darramb had a crystal on his forehead, whether it served any purpose is unknown.
- Color Timer: Like any other Ultras, Daramb also has a Color Timer which has same function as others.
- Armor: Covering his upper body, hands, face and shins is armor, unlike the protectors of most Ultras the armor on his chest has chains.
- Maximum Flight Speed: Mach 3
- Super Strength: Darramb has incredible strength, even in human form, capable of easily throwing beings the size of himself. In his Dark Water Dimension, it allows him to move at a normal pace, whereas Tiga, who had the average strength of an Ultra was subject to the high water pressure.
- Dark Water: Darramb can drag opponents into a dimension consisting of underwater ruins to give him an advantage in combat.
- Human Form: Like the other Giants of Darkness, Darramb can create his own human form.
- Fire Magnum (ファイアマグナム Faia Magunamu): Darramb can charge dark-light energy with his hands, funneling it into his fist and then slam it into the ground to produce a surge of energy creating destructive shockwave of explosions the same size as him in a straight line.
- Darramb Whip (ダーラムホイップ Dāramu Hoippu): Darramb throws the opponent using their legs.
- Scuidder (スクイッダー Sukuiddā): A continuous punch, often a straight punch.
- Ramuskick (ラムースキック Ramūsukikku): A roundhouse kick.
- Darrameter (ダーラメッタ Dārametta): Darramb delivers a stone crushing kick. Used to bury Tiga in the sand.
- Dagarm (ダガーム Dagāmu): Darramb knocks his opponent out using his strength.
- Super Strength: Darramb has incredible strength, even in human form, capable of easily throwing beings the size of himself.
New Century 2003 Ultraman Legend: THE KING'S JUBILEE
Darramb appeared with the other Giants of Darkness in the crowd for Ultraman King's birthday celebration. The three were directly in front of Tiga.
Super Hero Generation
Darramb appeared in the video game, Super Hero Generation. In the game, he appears on the first stage alongside the other Giants of Darkness, Hudra and Camearra. Darramb also is allied with other villainous characters from a variety of Tokusatsu franchises as the game is a crossover.
Ultra Hero Series
- Tiga Battle 6 ~Ultra-Ancient Warriors Set~ (Box Set, 2000)
- Release Date: 2000
- Materials: PVC
- JAN/ISBN: 4902425755298
- The first Darramb toy is an Ultra Hero Series-styled figure, released along with his two comrades Hudra, Camearra, and Tiga's 3 dark forms. Molded in red PVC plastic, Darramb features gunmetal and some metallic blue (timer) & cream (eyes) paint operations. He also comes with his own collector card.
- Darramb (2001)
- Release Date: 2001
- ID Number: EX
- Price: 700 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4543112001726
- Materials: PVC
- Darramb is also released individually as an Ultra Hero Series figure, with no physical changes with an exception of including a new collector card.
Ultra Monster Series (500)
- Darramb (2021)
- Release Date: June 19, 2021
- ID Number: 144
- Price: 600 yen
- JAN/ISBN: 4549660586890
- Materials: PVC
- Ultra Monster Series Darramb is a smaller version of the Ultra Hero Series "Tiga Battle 6" mold. Like most of the humanoid UMS figures, he only features paint operations on the head and the front half of the torso, leaving the rear details mostly omitted.
- Darramb frequently refers to Tiga and Daigo Madoka as "My Friend", because he and Tiga used to be best friends before Tiga chose the path of the light.
- Darramb is the first Ultra shown to have the ability to create a pocket dimension, followed by Hudra and then much later on by Ultraman Nexus with his Meta Field ability.
- Darramb is based on Father Dagon from the Cthulhu Mythos.