Great Desperate Monster Battle: Daigoro vs. Goliath (怪獣大奮戦 ダイゴロウ対ゴリアスKaijû daifunsen: Daigorou tai Goriasu) is a giant monster film produced by Tsuburaya Productions in 1972.
Daigoro was a monster who became orphaned after the military used intercontinental missiles to kill his mother, who tried to protect him. Only one man rose to the example that Daigoro's mother had set. He pitied the child, and took it to Japan to raise as his own. Soon, Daigoro grew too big for a man to take care of, as he needed to be fed too often. To supply enough food for Daigoro, the man made the monster into a business icon. Even this was not successful. So, to save the friendly beast from starvation, they sadly fed him a chemical called "anti-grow."
Elsewhere, a monster called goliath crashed to earth in a meteor. Goliath swam to Daigoro's island and challenged him. Soon, Daigoro rose to the challenge and engaged Goliath in battle. The friendly monster did his best to stand his ground, but Goliath defeated him by striking Daigoro with lightning from his horn.
Goliath then set out to attack the world again, leaving Daigoro to die. But he had left the battle too soon. Daigoro recovered and practiced daily for his next fight with Goliath. When the two giants met again, a fierce battle took place. After an intense fight, Daigoro breathed his fire ray and defeated Goliath. The humans then strapped the weakened Goliath to a rocket, and blasted him into space.
- Daigoro (First and only appearance)
- Daigoro's Mother (First and only appearance)
- Goliath (First and only appearance)
- The suit of Goliath was to be modified into the monster Redmoon for the unmade movie Godzilla vs. Redmoon.
- Daigoro's suit contains pieces of the monster Red King.
- Goliath shares the same roar as the monster Astromons.
- Daigoro's roar would later be used for Godzilla Junior in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.