DEUS (ＤＥＵＳ（デウス） Deusu) is the special investigative team organized in order to defend the Earth against alien aggressors. Although they live as normal people, members of DEUS can be called into action at any given time. Agents call each other by code name rather than their actual names. Led by the Commander of DEUS (ＤＥＵＳ（デウス）司令 Deusu Shirei), he informs agents of their missions through the VC. It is revealed to be an A.I. that controls all of the world's information on behalf of the shadow rulers. The agent's main equipment are the Ultra Gun (ウルトラガン Urutora Gan) which is a small laser gun, and the VC (Video-Ceiver) (ＶＣ（ビデオシーバー） Buishī (Bideo Shībā)) wristband which is for all-purpose communication.
It is unknown exactly how long DEUS had been in operation but it is most likely before or just after the Shadow Rulers took control of the planet. Since then its agents have worked to protect the Earth and it people from belligerent alien interests, often using tactics similar to public impressions of espionage. DEUS' agents have also acted as the Shadow Rulers' unknowing enforcers via the DEUS Leader.
- Main article: Jin
- Main article: Agent K
- Main article: Agent S
- Main article: Agent R
- Main article: Agent D
Elea (エレア Erea): While not a DEUS agent, Elea was Jin's girlfriend before he lost his memories, she handed the Ultra Eye to Jin asking him to be the savior of the world. Despite her often cold demeanor to him, in the end it is shown she still loved him. Originally, she was one of the staff members engaged in the Aqua Project and it was Jin himself who originally discovered the presence of the Shadow rulers. It was Elea who made a deal with the entity from the other world to save Jin but at the cost of his memories. Her full name is Elea Saeki (冴木 エレア Saeki Erea). She is 22 years old.
- VC-Receiver: A multipurpose device, the VC-Receiver is how DEUS agents receive their orders but can be used for other things.
- Anti-Gravity: The device can generate an anti gravity field allowing the wearer to survive otherwise deadly falls unharmed.
- Scanner: The device can be used to scan crime scenes and materials.
- Database: The device also allows agents to tap into DEUS' vast database.
- Communication: Agents can use the device to call each other.
- Ultra Gun: The standard fire arm of DEUS agents, it fires energy blasts as opposed to conventional bullets.
- Confidential Access: DEUS agents are allowed access to all but the most top secret of files.
- They are the second defense organization in the series that becomes a major antagonist altogether. The first is Black Buster Corps of TPC.
- The DEUS agents may have been inspired by Blade Runner and its titular agents as their purpose and methods of dealing with aliens is similar to how Blade Runners dealt with replicants.
- The practice of single letter codenames is similar to the titular organization in MIB.
- All of DEUS' agents are given a codename that they all go by even after leaving the organization. Jin's codename is unique as his is not a single letter in length.
- Unlike other Earth Defense organizations, DEUS' name is not an acronym, it comes from the term deus ex machina, literally 'god of the machine' in Greek.
- This might be reflecting the DEUS leaders' true identity, the shadow rulers and their nature.
- It also seems to hint at the DEUS Leader's identity.
- Unlike other defense forces, DEUS does not appear to have any sort of military weaponry with which to fight Kaiju or invasions. The most logical reason for this is that the Earth's military would take over at this point. However, at the end of the series it is implied that the Shadow Rulers were somehow responsible for all of the alien threats in the series.
|Showa Defense Teams||SSSP | TDF (UG, MAT, TAC, ZAT, MAC, UGM) | Science Guard Party|
|Heisei Defense Teams||UMA | WINR | HEART | Mydo | TPC (GUTS, Super GUTS, Black Buster Corps, Neo Super GUTS) | GUARD (XIG) | EYES | TLT | DASH | GUYS | DEUS | ZAP SPACY | Team U | UPG | Xio | VTL | AIB|
|Reiwa Defense Teams||EGIS | GAF (STORAGE)|
|Other Defense Teams||Inter Galactic Defense Force | Space Patrol | MIGHTY JACK | SGM | Team Mouri | SAT | SAF | PAT | Koseidon Corps | SWORD | USP|