|SSSS.GRIDMAN, Episode 8|
|Watch on Crunchyroll|
Confrontation (対・立 Tairitsu) is the eighth episode of SSSS.GRIDMAN.
At Tsutsujidai High School, a school festival was being held for the first time in several years, and preparations were proceeding in various places. Yuta, who thought Akane was being used by Alexis, tried to persuade her. However, Akane shows off the strongest monster and declares war against Yuta.
Voice Drama 8.8
Parent and Child Argue At A School Festival (学園祭で口喧嘩してる親子 Gakuen-sai de kuchigenka shi teru oyako)
Rikka and her mother have an argument at school while the Culture Festival is still on.
- Yuta Hibiki (響裕太 Hibiki Yūta): Yuya Hirose (広瀬 裕也 Hirose Yūya) (Japanese dub)/Brandon McInnis (Funimation Dub)
- Gridman (グリッドマン Guriddoman): Hikaru Midorikawa (緑川 光 Midorikawa Hikaru) (Japanese dub)/Robert McCollum (Funimation Dub)
- Sho Utsumi (内海 将 Utsumi Shō): Soma Saito (斉藤 壮馬 Saitō Sōma) (Japanese dub)/Greg Ayres (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka Takarada (宝多六花 Takarada Rikka): Yume Miyamoto (宮本 侑芽 Miyamoto Yume) (Japanese dub)/Jill Harris (Funimation Dub)
- Akane Shinjo (新条 アカネ Shinjō Akane): Reina Ueda (上田 麗奈 Ueda Reina) (Japanese dub)/Lindsay Seidel (Funimation Dub)
- Alexis・Kerib (アレクシス・ケリヴ Arekushisu Kerivu): Tetsu Inada (稲田徹 Inada Tetsu) (Japanese dub)/Barry Yandell (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka's Mother (六花ママ Rikka Mama): Mayumi Shintani (新谷真弓 Shintani Mayumi) (Japanese dub)/Anastasia Munoz (Funimation Dub)
- Namiko (なみこ Namiko): Suzuko Mimori (三森 すずこ Mimori Suzuko) (Japanese dub)/Sarah Wiedenheft (Funimation Dub)
- Hass (はっす Hassu): Akari Kito (鬼頭明里 Kitō Akari) (Japanese dub)/Amber Lee Connors (Funimation Dub)
- Samurai・Calibur (サムライ・キャリバー Samurai Kyaribā): Ryosuke Takahashi (高橋良輔 Takahashi Ryōsuke) (Japanese dub)/Ian Sinclair (Funimation Dub)
- Max (マックス Makkusu): Katsuyuki Konishi (小西克幸 Konishi Katsuyuki) (Japanese dub)/Cris George (Funimation Dub)
- Vit (ヴィット Vitto): Masaya Matsukaze (松風雅也 Matsukaze Masaya) (Japanese dub)/Chris Burnett (Funimation Dub)
- Borr (ボラー Borā): Aoi Yuki (悠木碧 Yūki Aoi) (Japanese dub)/Apphia Yu (Funimation Dub)
- Anti (アンチ Anchi): Kenichi Suzumura (鈴村健一 Suzumura Ken'ichi) (Japanese dub)/Stephen Fu (Funimation Dub)
- Primal Fighter
- Full Powered Gridman (First appearance)
- Primal Fighter
Denkou Choujin Gridman
- The next stop on one of the buses is Sakuragaoka, the city where Denkou Choujin Gridman was set.
- One of the banners in the school had the text "夢見て！輝け！ (Yume mite! Kagayake!Yume no Hero. )" which are lyrics from Denkou Choujin Gridman's theme song,
- When the gang talk about the city above the sky, Sho says "The Vanishing City! Dancan's back!" before getting interrupted.
- Yume Hiko gets used as background music for the second time, in the 7-21 mart that first appeared in episode 1.
- Before unleashing Mecha Ghoulghilas, Akane looked at some figures of Mecha and Cyborg Ultra Kaiju in her shelves. They are Galactron, Deavorick, Gobnu Ogma, Chaos Clevergon, King Joe Black, Mecha Baltan, Crazygon, Inpelaizer and Builgamo.
- On one of the banners in the school is the UltraLive sign.
- Pigmon appears as a drawing, done in the style of Ultraman Kids.
- Wooser appears multiple times.
- Two of the staff at the high school are drawn based on characters from Mr Kinpachi In Class 3B.
|Awakening | Restoration | Defeat | Suspicion | Provocation | Contact | Scheme | Confrontation | Dream | Collapse | Decisive Battle | Awakening (Finale)|