|This article is incompatible with the Visual Editor. Please edit with the source editor instead.|
Bemstar (ベムスター Bemusutā) is a Kaiju that debuted in Return of Ultraman episode 18. A bird-like monster from the Crab Nebula whose species is known for the interesting ability of being able to consume objects and energy alike through a special 'gorge' on their abdomens, Bemstar has since become one of the most frequently recurring enemies in the Ultraman Series, and has reappeared many times in numerous continuities.
Return of Ultraman
Bemstar was an energy absorbing monster from the Crab Nebula, a supernova remnant and nebula in the constellation of Taurus. He came into the solar system looking for cosmic energy, eating a highly developed space station monitored by MAT. Bemstar soon landed on Earth, attacking a nearby city where MAT counterattacked. Ultraman Jack arrived to do battle, but the beam absorbing alien withstood against most of Jack's attacks, even absorbing the Spacium Beam into his gorge.
Jack became extremely weak using up most of his attacks on Bemstar, so in an attempt to recover his energy, he flew directly towards the Sun! However, as Jack neared the star, its incredibly powerful gravitational field overwhelmed him, and he was left at its mercy. Just before Jack could hurtle uncontrollably into the Sun's atmosphere, Ultraseven arrived just in time to save Jack. After a brief discussion, Seven gave Jack the Ultra Bracelet, a shape shifting weapon that Jack wore on his wrist. Jack, now rejuvenated from the Sun and armed with the new weapon, returned to Earth and fought Bemstar again, this time with greater enthusiasm. As the battle continued, the moment had arrived for Jack to use the Bracelet for the first time. Jack launched the bracelet off his arm and severed Bemstar's arms and head with the Ultra Spark, ending the monster's thirst for energy.
On the 23rd of December, two days before Christmas, both Bemstar and the monster Seagorath were revived by Alien Nackle to test Jack's strength in battle to reveal what could be exploited as a weakness to defeat him. After Seagorath was defeated, Re-Bemstar (再生ベムスター Saisei Bemusutā) was the next to fight Jack. However, Jack managed to defeat Re-Bemstar with the Ultra Bracelet in much the same way as before, not knowing that this was all an experiment to find a way to defeat him.
- Bemstar is the first alien to appear in the series, Return of Ultraman, as well as the first alien that Ultraman Jack fought and arguably the mascot Kaiju of the series, alongside fellow recurring monsters Twin Tail, Arstron, Muruchi, Gudon, and Black King.
- Earlier depictions of Bemstar displayed him firing a laser from his beak, although this ability has never been seen.
- Bemstar's home, the Crab Nebula, is notable in that it is the first nebula Charles Messier categorised under the Catalogue of Nebulae and Star Clusters as M1, in the same catalogue as Nebula M78. The Crab Nebula is also the accepted remnant of SN 1054, a particularly prominent supernova recorded in 1054 AD by Chinese astronomers, with additional information on the past event having been written around 150 years later by astronomers in Japan and the Middle East.
- Bemstar's roar are modified Gezora roars.
- Bemstar's gorge would later be used to create the Ultraman Taro monster; Tyrant.
- His appearance in Return of Ultraman was referenced in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 13 by Ultraman Taro as the monster that makes up Tyrant's torso.
- Bemstar's roar would later be slowed back down and used for the Kaiju King Maimai.
- In 1996, Bemstar was part of a Shocker plot to take over the world, being summoned into a reality along side Alien Baltan, Alien Bado and Alien Pitt to assist in fighting various heroes, teaming up with Alien Baltan and the monster Gigan to fight Ultraman.
- Bemstar, via the use of stock footage, also appear in the 1984 South Korean film The Flying Monster (also known as War of the God Monsters) as both he and Pestar attack an oil refinery.
Bemstar reappeared in Ultraman Taro, revived by Yapool with enhanced powers and known as Reconstructed Bemstar (改造ベムスター Kaizō Bemusutā) or Re-Bemstar, also known as Bemstar II. He appeared in episodes 29 and 30.
Re-Bemstar was then sent to attack Earth, eating the ZAT Space Station 1 in space killing Captain Ueno damaging the trust of ZAT by many children and tell their teacher, Unno to try to kill Re-Bemstar. As the Terrible-Monster attacked a oil refinery, ZAT tried to cut him to pieces like Ultraman Jack did to the original Bemstar by using a giant buzzsaw of equivalent power to the bracelet. However, Yapool claimed he won't suffer the same mistake twice and retreated Re-Bemstar, therefore the plan failed. Then as Unno got fully trained, Re-Bemstar reappeared and his students were hoping for Ultraman Taro to come and say there is no way Sensei Unno would actually try. However Unno managed to climb his way to Re-Bemstar's mouth and attached TNT to its mouth only for Ultraman Taro to arrive and help him. As Taro first had the upper hand, Re-Bemstar used its energy bolts and Taro found himself beaten down violently by Re-Bemstar and had to retreat.
A few days later, Remodeled Bemstar reappeared again in the same oil refinery as before. ZAT and Ultraman Taro returned to do battle with him as well, but this time Taro and ZAT had a much better fight against the monster than before. Fearing the worst, Yapool summoned more remodeled versions of his previous Terrible-Monster, Sabotendar and Verokron II to help Re-Bemstar, but they were no match for Taro's might and ZAT's assaults. In the end, Verokron was destroyed by ZAT's weapons, Sabotendar was destroyed by Ultraman Taro, and Re-Bemstar was destroyed when two missiles collided inside of his gorge.
Bemstar's soul along with other fallen monsters were combined into the monster Tyrant and Bemstar became the torso of the monster.
- Bemstar was also seen in a flashback animated photo as part of Alien Empera's monster army in episode 25.
- The title changes from "Great Space Monster" to "Space Monster", but it is described as "space monster" in some materials.
- The costume used for Re-Bemstar was originally a stage show suit. Differences include a slimmer body, a different head mold, and red eyes.
- In addition to the Re-Bemstar suit, a life-sized puppet of Re-Bemstar's head was made for the close-up scenes when its eyes were punctured and bleeds yellow blood. And another puppet for Re-Bemstar's midsection with a suction feature.
- Re-Bemstar's roar is a combination of Takkong and Birdon's roars
- The "Flying Bemstar Puppet" was reused for this Bemstar, despite the fact that the normal Bemstar and Re-Bemstar have significant differences in appearance.
- According to old magazines, Re-Bemstar was resurrected by Yapool through a collaboration with Alien Empera.
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
After leaving the Earth, Ultraman Hikari was ambushed by a stray Bemstar. Hikari and the monster battled around the asteroid belt, eventually taking their battle to a small, deserted moonlike planet. Bemstar was easily winning by beating down and injuring Hikari as he could only watch as Bemstar moved in for the kill. Just then, Zoffy arrived and after some motivational words were given to Hikari, The two Ultras joined forces and Hikari eventually manages to destroy Bemstar with the Hot Load Shoot.
Another Bemstar was seen flying overhead towards Earth. Hikari was about to head to Earth but Zoffy stopped him telling him that Mebius is on Earth and that he can handle it and that he needs to believe in comrades.
Bemstar was first discovered attacking a space station. However, Ultraman Mebius started to get worried about Bemstar's arrival as he had heard several stories about Bemstar's might upon the Ultras before him. He started to doubt that he could beat it, but he knew he would have to face his fears eventually as Bemstar was getting closer to Earth. Upon landing, Bemstar proved his might, shrugging off most of GUYS weapons and snatching Marina (of GUYS) inside her aircraft. Ultraman Mebius appeared, and saved her just in time. Both Mebius and Bemstar seemed evenly matched, until Bemstar tried to eat Mebius with his gorge. Mebius got loose, and GUYS tried to freeze Bemstar's stomach, but Bemstar managed to blow it off, and recover. Mebius then decided to transform into his new Mebius Brave form. He then created his new Mebium Knight Blade, and carved a infinity symbol in Bemstar's body with the Blade Overload, destroying him completely.
Sometime later, GUYS was chosen to test out new arrivals of Capsule Monsters. One suggestion was Bemstar, it had the strongest chance of becoming useful to the team but was ultimately turned down due to Marina's refusal to work with the monster that nearly ate her.
- Bemstar's appearance in Ultraman Mebius was referenced by Hikaru Raido and Ultraman Taro in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 18 to compare Ultraman Ginga's Ginga Saber with Ultraman Mebius's Mebium Knight Blade.
- Bemstar reappeared in Mebius in the same episode number as his appearance in Return of Ultraman.
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle
Bemstar reappeared in the series Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle.
A Bemstar had descended into the area where the ZAP SPACY crew had crash-landed and quickly proceeded to attack. One of the team members, Haruna took one of their aircraft attacking it head on (Bemstar had attacked (and presumably killed) her brother prior to events in the show,) but Bemstar took little notice and resumed to approach the ZAP SPACY. Rei released Gomora to battle Bemstar, but the fight was evenly matched even with the assistance of Haruna. Rei then summoned Litra to attack Bemstar, but this ultimately proved futile as Bemstar absorbed Litra's fireballs and powered up, beating down Gomora.
However, Bemstar's advantage exploited a weakness, Litra transformed into Fire Litra for the first time and launched her Fire Attack at Bemstar, forcing the alien to absorb it for its own protection, which had lead him wide open for an attack. Afterwards Gomora punctured Bemstar's chest and fired his Super Oscillatory Wave into it, destroying Bemstar and "avenging" Haruna's Brother.
- Suit actor: Shiro Nishimura
- During the opening credits to the series, Bemstar is seen battling Arstron, even though neither monster fought or met each other in the series.
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey
Bemstar returned in episode 2 of the sequel series Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey.
While the separated ZAP SPACY crewmates were stuck in space after an accident occurred at a space station, a stray Bemstar appeared and started attacking them. Luckily, the Pendragon's arsenal managed to scare off Bemstar into hiding by a nearby asteroid. Dail, a rogue member of the Alien Pedan, who found himself stuck with the crewmates finished the job himself by using the Pendragon's most powerful weapon, the Anti Asteroid Cannon, killing Bemstar in cold blood.
- During the opening credits to the series, Bemstar is seen battling Galberos, even though neither monster fought or met each other in the series.
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie
Bemstar was partnered up with the monsters Dorako and Saramandora as their leader, Alien Shaplay ambushed the Ultra Brothers to stop them from unfrezzing the Land of Light. However, they were met by surprise from Dan's capsule monsters Windom, Miclas, and Agira. Bemstar fought Miclas.
After Rei and Mirai (Ultraman Mebius's human form) were rescued, Miclas hurled Bemstar into a wall of ice and finished him off by kicking him through it, literally beating Bemstar to death. He came back becoming the face of Belyudra along with Ultraman Belial.
- Bemstar is one of the few monsters in the Belial Army to not die via explosion, alongside Alien Shaplay, Alien Zetton, King Guesra and Twin Tail.
Ultra Zero Fight
Bemstar reappeared in episodes 1, 2, 5, and 6 of the miniseries, Ultra Zero Fight as Bemstar of the Bad Eater (悪食のベムスター Akujiki no Bemusutā), as a part of "The Four Beast Warriors of Hell".
In this short series, Bemstar was one of the many monsters revived by Alien Bat (along with Red King, Galberos, and Gan-Q,) to battle against Ultraman Zero. Shortly after Ultraman Zero killed Galberos with his Zero Sluggers, Bemstar teamed up with Gan-Q to battle the Ultra by using their absorption and redirection abilities to fend him off. While it was mildly successful at first, Ultraman Zero managed to transform into his Luna-Miracle Zero form and managed to destroy both Bemstar and Gan-Q at the same time by destroying them from inside out their absorption regions.
Galaxy Rescue Force Voice Drama
A Bemstar is shown battling Ultraman Ribut and Andro Melos on a planet. The two became overwhelmed by Bemstar's speed, as it was consistently blindsiding them. As he came in for another attack, Ultraman Neos arrived and shot Bemstar with a ray, making him explode.
Bemstar was a combatant of the Dark Spark War. He fought valiantly until Dark Lugiel turned him into a Spark Doll along with all of the other combatants. He was first seen in the special as a Spark Doll in Alien Icarus's possession. After stealing the rest of the Spark Dolls from Misuzu Isurugi, Bemstar, along with Red King, Baraba, King Crab, Hanzagiran, and Seagorath, was then dark lived by Alien Icarus along with himself to form Tyrant. When Tyrant was defeated by Hikaru Raido as Ultraman Tiga and Tomoya Ichijouji as Jean-Nine, all of the monsters, including Bemstar, were turned back into Spark Dolls and then collected by Hikaru and his friends.
In episode 7, him and many other monsters were seen cheering Ultraman Ginga on as he fought Dark Galberos. It is likely that Bemstar returned to space in his original form after Ultraman Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel.
- In the special Ginga the Live! Bemstar along with the other Tyrant monsters (except Alien Icarus) help's host the show along with Gomora and Alien Godola.
Ultraman Ginga S
Bemstar reappeared in episode 9, as he was MonsLived by Alien Guts Vorst to attack Hikaru Raido, Sho, Android One Zero, and Misuzu Isurugi and to help Alien Chibull Exceller retrieve a Victorium Stone. Sho then transformed into Ultraman Victory to fight him. They put up a good fight and even though Bemstar distracted Victory by throwing parts of buildings at him, Victory still kept on coming after firing a Victorium Slash at him. During the midst of the battle, Bemular appeared and fired his energy blast at him. Both monsters had Victory on the ropes and when Ultraman Ginga appeared to help, they decided to confuse them with their teleportation and duplication skills thanks to Bolst's ability transfer. After Bemular tied them up, Bemstar flew at them, breaking the ropes in the process. Ginga fired a Ginga Cross Shoot at Bemstar but the monster absorbed it using its gorge. It then got tied up along with Bemular and its clone after being tricked by the two Ultras. After Bemular was killed by Ginga Strium's Spacium Beam and the former's clone disappeared, Victory sent Bemstar flying with his EX Red King Knuckle.
Bemstar appeared as a Spark Doll possessed by Zarab and he used radiation gases to bring it to life once more after the alien bombed a chemical plant. As Bemstar rampaged throughout the city, it came into contact with the Land Musketty that attacked it but Bemstar ended up unscathed and absorbed its attack. Daichi Oozora then transformed into Ultraman X to fight it. They had a tough fight but in the end, Bemstar absorbed X into his stomach and then flew off to the moon to rest.
After Xio members Hayato, Wataru, and Asuna defeated Alien Zarab, they flew off to the moon in the Space Musketty and used Cyber Telesdon's Cyber Card to equip the Space Musketty with Telesdon's lava breath and rescue X from Bemstar and destroyed his stomach in the process. The two giants resumed their battle and after he weakened Bemstar with Attacker X, Ultraman X defeated Bemstar once and for all with his Xanadium Beam turning him back into a Spark Doll.
A cybernetic version of Bemstar, Cyber Bemstar (サイバーベムスター Saibā Bemusutā), was created based on the data of his Spark Doll and used as one of Ultraman X's Cyber Armors. It was first used when X battled Gargorgon.
In the final episode of Ultraman X, after Greeza destroyed the Xio base, Bemstar's Spark Doll was absorbed by Greeza. After speaking out to Gomora and striking Greeza right in the center of his chest, Bemstar, along with all of the other Spark Dolls, traveled to X and united with him. Cyber Bemstar's power and left arm was used to help form the Hybrid Armor and power up the Ultimate Xanadium to defeat Greeza once and for all. Bemstar, along with the numerous other Cyber Cards and Spark Dolls, then appeared and thanked Daichi as he thanked them.
- Suit Actor: Kazunori Yokoo
- To further relate Bemstar as Alien Zarab's monster, his gorge is similarly designed to resemble that of the alien's mouth. Yet, the two coincidentally debuted at episode 18 of their series.
- In an original draft, Cyber Bemstar and Cyber Eleking were supposed to have their own suits like Cyber Gomora, allowing each Xio members in the field to utilize their Cyber Monsters and assist X in the battle.
Bemstar reappeared in episode 10 of Ultraman Orb as a Kaiju Card used by Jugglus Juggler, where as he revealed to Don Nostra after he killed Alien Nackle Nagus, that he used the powers of that Kaiju Card to swallow the shots that were fired by that same alien in an attempt to assassinate him.
Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA
Bemstar appeared in this series in episodes 2 and 3 where it had been poisoned by the monster Bezelb, and became Kugutsu Bemstar (クグツベムスター Kugutsu Bemusutā).
Ultraman Orb fought and lost his first battle against the beast on Planet Rurin, but was able to defeat it in space by flying through its gorge and out its back, resulting in the Bemstar's death. Later a second Bemstar appeared in episode 9 with Birdon trying to stop Queen Amate to get to Earth but Ultraman Orb came in time to stop Bemstar and Birdon but did not defeat them just to get rid of them so Queen Amate could get to earth.
- The Bemstar suit from Ultraman X was reused for Bemstar's appearance. However, the only modification on the suit were a group of vein like structures on the monster's left side. This is probably where the Bezelb stung it.
- Its defeat by Orb is almost similar to another Bemstar's defeat in Ultra Zero Fight, where Zero flew into his gorge and destroyed it and Gan-Q from the inside out.
Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond
Bemstar and Gan-Q were summoned by Ultraman Tregear to wreak havoc on Ayaka city, the latter of which had Pega imprisoned within. The two monsters fought against Ultraman Rosso, Ultraman Blu, and Ultraman Geed. During the battle, Bemstar manages to lift up Rosso and drop him head-first into a building, getting him stuck there temporarily. The Ultras also discover that Bemstar's gorge is connected to Gan-Q's eye, therefore making any attack absorbed by Bemstar be launched back at them by Gan-Q. Geed/Riku Asakura later hears Pega's voice within Gan-Q, so the Ultras hesitate to fight their opponents until Rosso and Blu change forms to Aqua and Wind respectively. Combining their elemental powers, Rosso and Blu manage to rescue Pega by throwing a Splash Bomb and Storm Shooting into Bemstar's gorge, and then redirecting it through Gan-Q's eye, getting Pega out safely. Rosso then threw his Splash Bomb at Gan-Q's eye, encasing it with water, while Blu fired the Storm Shooting into Bemstar's gorge. The buildup of energy eventually destroyed both monsters from within.
A second Bemstar later visited Earth to look for energy resources to feed on, appearing in the sky over Tokyo and becoming enrobed in flames due to friction from his re-entry into the atmosphere. After touching down at an oil refinery near the city, Bemstar consumed a storage tank using his gorge, and was confronted by King Joe STORAGE Custom and Windom. A fight ensued, in which Bemstar managed to knock King Joe down with a few shots of his Bemstar Beam, then managed to trap Windom's arm in his gorge, but the space monster became frightened when he noticed the sky was starting to crack, and freed Windom before retreating back into the depths of space. The source of Bemstar's unease would later be revealed as Baraba, who enacted an invasion of Earth's dimension from Yapool's Dimension after following signals being given off by Haruki Natsukawa's Ace Medal.
Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Destined Crossroad
Another Bemstar was affected by a Devil Splinter. It was seen fighting against Ultraman Ginga and Victory on Planet Penol. Bemstar was able to hold two Ultras at once until Ultraman Taiga arrived to help his comrades. Victory changed into Knight form and sliced Bemstar's stomach with the Knight Timbre. Taiga changed into Photon-Earth while Ginga changed into Ginga Strium and finally finished Bemstar with their respective beams.
- Height: 46 m
- Weight: 61,000 t
- Origin: Crab Nebula
- Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Attack: 700 (Galaxy), 1000 (NEO)
- Defense: 800 (Galaxy), 1100 (NEO)
- Speed: 600 (Galaxy), 900 (NEO)
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Bemstar can fly at moderate speeds through space. He can also maintain flight at slower speeds within a planet's atmosphere, and can ram into opponents while flying to knock them down.
- Suction Attractor Spout (吸引アトラクター・スパウト Kyūin Atorakutā Supauto): Bemstar's red flower-like structure on his stomach is actually a gorge that can absorb energy and matter alike. Bemstar can also release a lubricating substance that allows larger objects to be absorbed through the gorge and hasten the process of consumption.
- Bemstar Beam (ベムスタービーム Bemusutā Bīmu): Bemstar can launch yellow energy blasts from the horn on his head. These are moderately strong and can be fired rapidly. In later series they are larger and more destructive, but fired at a slightly slower rate.
- Ultraman Mebius
- Heat Pulse: Bemstar can send a wave of heat throughout his belly. In Ultraman X, it is revealed that the heat is generated from the enzyme in its gorge. The sheer temperature generated from this enzyme is such that anything consumed by Bemstar’s gorge will rapidly be destroyed, leaving nothing but energy behind.
- Ultra Zero Fight
- Bem Q Combi (ベムQコンビ Bemu Kyu Konbi): Thanks to Gurashie's remodeling, this Bemstar had connections with Gan-Q as seen if Bemstar absorbed Ultraman Zero's Wide Zero Shot, Gan-Q will fire it back to him. But this would participate in both monsters' defeat.
- Ultraman Festival 2013
- Ghost-kun Beam (ゴーストくん光線 Gōsuto-kun Kōsen): From Bemstar's gorge, it summons a ghost-like entity which summons a giant hammer to slam the opponent.
- Ultraman X
- Black Gravity Field: Bemstar can unleash a black gravity field that not only absorbed attacks but also living beings of his own size.
- Ultraman R/B The Movie
- Horn Lightning: Bemstar shoots blue lightning out of its horn.
- Other Media
- Energy Beam: Bemstar can fire a beam from his beak. Shown in promotional artwork but not used in any shows.
- Height: 80 m
- Weight: 61,000 t
- Origin: Yapool's vehicle → Oil refinery
- Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Reconstructed Bemstar can fly at high speeds. In space, he can cover himself in energy to travel faster than light.
- Eye Lasers: Reconstructed Bemstar can release a stream of lasers from his eyes.
- Energy Bolts: Reconstructed Bemstar also can launch energy bolts from his eyes.
- Suction Attractor Spout (吸引アトラクター・スパウト Kyūin Atorakutā Supauto): Like the original, Reconstructed Bemstar has a second stomach-like organ that allows him to gorge on just about anything.
- Smoke Storm (スモークストーム Sumōku Sutōmu): Unlike the original, Reconstructed Bemstar can spew toxic gas.
- White Mist: Reconstructed Bemstar can not only spew toxic gas, he also can spew white colored mist.
- Endurance: Thanks to Yapool's remodeling, this Bemstar can resist chops that wouldn't gave him a similar defeat on his past.
- Height: 46 m
- Weight: 61,000 t
- Origin: Xio headquarters
- Cyber Power: 18/25
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Cyber Bemstar can fly thanks to its wings.
- Hooks: Cyber Bemstar is armed with a pair of hooks, each one on his wings.
"Cyber Bemstar Now Load: Cyber Bemstar Armor, Active!"
- ―Transformation Announcement
Bemstar Armor (ベムスターアーマー Bemusutā Āmā) is a fusion initiated after Ultraman X scanning Cyber Bemstar's card. Aside from that, half of the "X" symbol on his chest faces forward, suspiciously resembling Bemstar's beak.
- Height: 45 m
- Weight: 55,000 t
- Arm Shield (アームシールド Āmu Shīrudo): In addition to his Cyber Bemstar Armor, X gains a shield which resembles that of the monster's gorge. This weapon can be used as a makeshift claw or pile bunker.
- Bemstar Spout (ベムスタースパウト Bemusutā Supauto): X firstly absorb the incoming attack of an enemy before redirecting back to them. First used to redirect Gargorgon's petrification ray back to her.
Kugutsu Bemstar (クグツベムスター Kugutsu Bemusutā) is a normal Bemstar infected by the Kugutsu of a Bezelb, placing it under its control. Psychi had at least two of these. In this form, Bemstar's eyes turn red, and he also sports a prominent scar running from his left shoulder across his torso.
- Height: 46 m
- Weight: 61,000 t
- Origin: Unknown
- Flight Speed: Mach 5
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Kugutsu Bemstar can fly at light speed through space.
- Suction Attractor Spout (吸引アトラクター・スパウト Kyūin Atorakutā Supauto): Bemstar's red flower-like structure on his stomach is actually a gorge that can absorb energy and matter alike.
- Black Gravity Field: Bemstar can unleash a black hole/gravity field that not only absorbed attacks but also living beings of its own size.
- Bemstar Beam (ベムスタービーム Bemusutā Bīmu): Bemstar can launch reddish energy blasts from the horn on its head. The change of color from its beam effect is theorized to be a part of the Kugutsu influence laid by the Bezelb. It can be fired as a charged up sphere of energy or the more traditional rapid-fire bolts.
- Bezelb Empowerment: According to Psychi, if a living being infected with a Kugutsu wins a fight, the Kugutsu's concentration in their body increases. This as well causes the Queen Bezelb and the Bezelb that had Bemstar infected to grow in strength.
"DarkLive, Red King! Seagorath! Bemstar! Hanzagiran! King Crab! Baraba! Icarus Seijin! Gattai, Tyrant!"
- ―Bemstar and other Spark Dolls Lived into Tyrant via Dark Dummy Spark
- ―Bemstar MonsLived via Chibull Spark
Bemstar became a Spark Doll in the conclusion of the Dark Spark War due to the Dark Spark's powers. His Spark Doll fell to Mt. Furuboshi in the Ultraman Ginga Theater Special along with all of the other Spark Dolls that make up Tyrant. After Dark Lugiel's defeat, Bemstar's Spark Doll is likely to have reverted back to it's original form and departed Earth to return home.
However, it seems that Alien Chibull Exceller possesses a copy of it, where he passes it to Vorst alongside Bemular's Spark Doll.
In Ultraman X, Alien Zarab possessed Bemstar's Spark Doll and used it to take on Xio and Ultraman X. After both the alien and monster's defeat, it is likely that Xio recovered Bemstar's Spark Doll and kept in their possession.
- Height: 14 cm
- Weight: 150 g
- In the Theater Special, Alien Icarus DarkLived Bemstar, all of the other Spark Dolls that make up Tyrant and himself to form Tyrant. All of the Spark Dolls were turned back to normal after Alien Icarus lost against Hikaru Raido, who UltraLived into Ultraman Tiga, and Tomoya Ichijouji, inside Jean-Nine, with a combination of Tiga throwing Tyrant's energized dart right back at him and Jean-nine performing Jean Stardust on him.
- In episode 9 of Ultraman Ginga S, Alien Guts Vorst MonsLive into him via the Chibull Spark and his duplicate into Bemular. While it seemed that they gained the upper hand on the Ultras Ginga and Victory, however they soon were defeated and the Spark Dolls returned to Exceller's possession.
- In episode 4 of Ultraman X, Alien Zarab, used several radiation gases from a factory he recently bombed to turn Bemstar back into his true form. It was reverted back into a Spark Doll and it is assumed that Xio currently has it in their possession.
Bemstar reappeared in episodes 35 and 39 of the series, Redman.
In episode 35, Bemstar teams up with Nokogilin and Sartan to take on Redman and even though they held the team advantage against him, the hero never gave up and held his own against them. Eventually, Redman killed all of the monsters by throwing his Red Knife at them and made them collapse on each other.
Bemstar reappeared in episode 39 where he fought Beacon at first, but when Redman showed up, they disappeared and reappeared behind him and began to fight him. After a long, evenly matched fight, Redman defeated both the monsters by throwing them to the ground, exploding afterwards
- The Bemstar suit from Return of Ultraman was reused for Bemstar's appearance in the series. Note that there seems to be separation on the suit from the head and arms, due to Tsuburaya piecing the thing back together after cutting it up.
Ultra Super Fight
Bemstar appears alongside Eleking in an episode where he is one of Astromons' lovers. He first tries to get Astromons' attention, but Eleking picks up a bouquet of flowers to give to the Super Terrible-Monster, which Bemstar tears out of his hands and then stomps them. Eleking and Bemstar fight until Ace arrives and scares them off.
In the fourth episode of the series, the two monsters team up with Alien Godola, this time vowing to kill Astromons. While Eleking and Bemstar distract Ace, Alien Godola steals Astromons away. Ace kills both Bemstar and Eleking, but is too late to stop Godola from killing his love, leaving him heartbroken.
A second Bemstar later fights Taro, but is defeated along with his master, another Alien Godola.
Ultraman Story 0
In the non-canon manga, Bemstar is seen as a modified Kaiju with five heads fused to its body. After witnessing it devour a planet, Zoffy fought it and fired the M87 Beam at it, only for Bemstar to absorb it and shoot it back at him, wounding Zoffy severely. However, the Ultra did not give up, and fired another M87 Beam with increased intensity. Finally the modified Bemstar could absorb no more energy and exploded, ending its threat. It was last seen crying to Zoffy.
Bemstar appears in Ultra Zone, talking with a girl through her door.
Bemstar reappeared in the puzzle role-playing game for mobile devices, Ultraman Galaxy as a UC (Uncommon) card that players can unlock in one of the levels in the game with a rare chance of getting Bemstar.
Ultraman Fighting Evolution 2
Bemstar appears in the video game Ultraman Fighting Evolution 2 as a new character.
Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3
Bemstar returns in the video game Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3.
- Bemstar Beam
- Gorge Absorption
Ultraman Fighting Evolution Rebirth
|Return of Ultraman Kaiju|
|Takkong | Zazahn | Arstron | Sadola | Detton | Kingsaurus III | Gudon | Twin Tail | Gorbagos | Ghostron | Dangar | Stegon | Mognezun | Shugaron | Seamons | Seagorath | Eledortus | Terochilus | Bemstar | Sartan | Magnedon | Beacon | Gokinezula | Zanika | Vacuumon | Kupukupu | Kingstron | Zagoras | Nokogilin | Gronken | Varricane | Yadokarin | Oxter | Plooma | Alien Zelan | King Maimai | Alien Mates | Muruchi | Leogon | Pris-Ma | Draculas | Re-Seagorath | Re-Bemstar | Black King | Alien Nackle | Alien Varduck | Alien Black | Snowgon | Alien Baltan Jr. | Builgamo | Alien Stora | Paragon | Alien Grotes | Kodaigon | Granadas | Alien Centaurus | Robonez | Alien Cygnus-61 | Alien Messie | Alien Zoole | Red Killer | Femigon | Yametaranese | Sasahiller | Alien Ateria | Alien Mysteler | King Bockle | Alien Bat | Zetton II|
|Redman||Darkron | Black King | Arstron | Garamon | Alien Icarus | Dorako | Peguila | Jirahs | Alien Baltan | Alien Goron | Gomora | Woo | Kanegon | Alien Mefilas | Sadola | Dangar | Ghostron | Gokinezula | Eleking | Telesdon | Nokogilin | King Maimai | Sartan | Bemstar | Beacon | Gronken | Zaurs | Kingstron | Stegon | Alien Mysteler | Zagoras | Kodaigon | Granadas | Plooma | Sasahiller | Alien Centaurus | Gudon | Red Killer | Draculas | Shugaron | Alien Bat | Zetton II|
|Unused Redman Kaiju||Big Liger | Graygas | Sufinga|
|Ultra Super Fight Kaiju|
|Alien Baltan | Astromons | Eleking | Bemstar | Kemur | Alien Godola | Delusion Ultraseven | Alien Pegassa | Alien Metron | Zetton | Reconstructed Pandon | Pandon | Woo|
|Ultraman Zero Kaiju|
|Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire||Alien Esmeralda Emerana Lourdes | Iaron | Darkgone | Legionoid | Delust | Brigante | Two-Dimensional People | Darklops | Malebrandes | Arch Belial|
|Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer the Beatstar||Beatstar | Rei's Gomora | Ace Killer | Inpelaizer | King Joe | Rei's Litra (S) | Alien Bat|
|Ultraman Saga||Hyper Zetton | Alien Bat | Sphere | Gubila | Gomess (S) | Arstron | Legionoid | Chaos Header 0 | Lidorias | Bolgils | Mogrudon | Golmede | Mienin | Eligal|
|Ultra Zero Fight||Bemular | Telesdon | Gudon | Sadola | Alien Bat Gurashie | Red King | Galberos | Gan-Q | Bemstar | Pigmon Moroboshi-kun | Illusion Ultraman Zero | Alien Mefilas Sly | Alien Hipporit Jatar | Alien Temperor Villainous | Alien Groza Grocken | Alien Deathre Deathlogue | Silvergon | Fanegon People | Tyrant | Armored Darkness | Kaiser Darkness|
|Ultra Zone Kaiju|
|Sadola | Alien Temperor | Bemstar | Hoe | Eleking | Telesdon | Gudon | Alien Zarab | King Guesra | Gan-Q | Deathrem | Alien Magma | Alien Babarue | Zetton | Red King | Alien Guts | Alien Valky | Alien Pitt | Alien Metron | Dada | Suflan | Birdon | Pigmon | Banpira | Lunaticks | Alien Mefilas | King Joe | Bemular|
|Mega Monster Rush Ultra Frontier Kaiju|
|Rush Hunters||Baltan Battler・Barel | Guts Gunner・Garm | Magma Master・Magna | Alien Meflias・Gent|
|Alien Hunters||Kanegon-a-Kindo | Alien Metron・Meld | Chibu Loader Strong | Alien Metron・Destroy | Alien Chibull (Chibu Loader Strong) | Guts Alien・Seeds | Alien Magma・Hoog | Alien Groza・Granzer | Alien Deathre・Deflame|
|Plasma Kaiju||Eleking | Antlar | Neronga | Bemstar | Dinosaur Tank | Red King | Gomora | Zetton | Reicubas | Birdon | Golza | Gandar | Tyrant | Pestar | King Joe | Grand King | Verokron | U-Killersaurus|
|Ultraman R/B Kaiju|
|Ultraman R/B||Grigio Bone | Cereza | Black King | Gargorgon | Red King | Guebasser | Mecha Gomora | Aribunta | Ultraman Orb Dark | Gomess (S) | Horoboros | Bezelb | Gubila | Grigio King | Neronga | Pigmon | Booska | Dada | Alien Zarab | Alien Mefilas | Alien Chibull | Alien Bado | Alien Pitt | Alien Nackle | King Joe | Grand King Megalos | Gomora | Kamisori Demaaga | Grigio Regina | Leugocyte|
|Ultraman R/B The Movie: Select! The Crystal of Bond||Bemstar | Gan-Q | Alien Pegassa Pega | Mecha Gomora | Snake Darkness | Pigmon | Grigio Regina|
|Ultraman R/B Novel: The Blue-Eyed Girl Whose Name is Gray||Bakubarba | Nero | Margodon | Grigio | Fearmonger | Alien Egon Ciel | Barrigator No. 1 and 2 | Leugocyte|