Arb Gear (アーブギア Ābu Gia) is a set of armor created by the Arb people for Ultraman Hikari to become Hunter Knight Tsurugi. Initially, it was called the Armor of Revenge (復讐の鎧 Fukushū no Yoroi) before Hikari used it properly in his righteous heart, becoming the Armor of the Hero (勇者の鎧 Yūsha no Yoroi). The armor grants the user additional weight to 3,000 t, being the lightest armor.
Ultraman Mebius & Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga
After Hikari (whom at that time remained unnamed)'s failure in protecting Planet Arb from Bogar, he succumbed into depression as remaining Arb residents fused with him to become the Arb Gear. Now filled with resentments, he adopted the name Hunter Knight Tsurugi and chased Bogar to Earth. After he managed to kill Bogar with Ultraman Mebius' help, he was killed in action but soon treated by the Mother of Ultra, whom destroyed the armor while treating Tsurugi.
Soon after adopting the name "Ultraman Hikari" and left the Earth, he encountered Alien Babarue, whom wanted to kill him after his refusal to join Babarue in his conquest to conquer space. Once he was about to be killed, energies from Planet Arb reacted and bestow him the Arb Gear again, as he escaped and defeated Babarue. While Babarue disguised himself as Imitation Tsurugi, he was shown wearing a copy of Arb Gear, though had no function. Hikari returned to Earth and revealed Babarue's dirty trick, later killing him using the Arb Gear.
The armor was destroyed by Alien Empera when Hikari tried to use it against him in his invasion.
- Knight Punch (ナイトパンチ Naito Panchi): An enhanced punch attack.
- Knight Chop (ナイトチョップ Naito Choppu): An enhanced karate chop attack.
- Knight Shoot (ナイトシュート Naito Shūto): In Hikari Saga 3, Hikari is capable of utilizing Knight Shoot even without the Knight Brace, suggesting that the armor acted as his placeholder.
- Alongside Ultraman Hikari, the Arb Gear is named as "Ultraman Tsurugi" in the original concept art. In the original planning, the helmet was meant to have an opening mechanism to reveal Hikari's face.
- Instead of just arming the user, it seems that wearing Arb Gear also alters the user's body cosmetically.
|Crest Weapons||Eye Slugger | Vezard | Maxium Sword | Zero Sluggers | Xlugger | Orb Sluggers | Geed Slugger | R/B Slugger|
|Bracers and Bracelets||Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Converter | King Bracelet | Stratos Edge | Armed Nexus | Mephisto Claw | Max Spark | Max Galaxy | Mebius Brace | Knight Brace | Ultra Zero Bracelet | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Taiga Spark | Plasma Zero-let|
|Armors||Protectors | Cosmo Techtor | Grantechtor | Arb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Zero Slugger Gear | MonsArmor|
|Others||Ace Blade | Ultra Array | Ultra Magic Ray | Leo Nunchaku | Ultra Mantle | Giga Battle Nizer | Ginga Spark Lance | Knight Timbre | Orbcalibur | Orb Slasher | Geed Claw | King Sword | Giga Finalizer | Orb Dark Calibur | Orb Ring NEO | R/B Kourin | Taiga Tri Blade | Ultra Z Riser | Z Lance Arrow|