The Ancient Giants of Light (古代の光の巨人 Kodai no Hikari no Kyojin) were Ultras from the Neo Frontier Space World, that protected an ancient advanced human civilization on Earth over 30 million years ago, the same civilization that Yuzare hailed from. These Ultras, Tiga included, came from a distant nebula. In the modern day the only evidence of their existence were the stone statues they left behind and the ruins of R'lyeh that rose with Gatanothor and then later sank back beneath the sea.
Long ago on ancient Earth, these Ultras came from a distant nebula. They worked together to protect ancient mankind from the terrible monsters that plagued their world and their civilization. However, despite their intentions, they were eventually destined to fall. The giants of light who assimilated with warriors gradually created two factions, and conflict arose between them. In the intensifying war, at least four giants of light transformed into Giants of Darkness by the "darkness" hidden in their hearts, and began to destroy civilization. Only by Yuzare's words, Tiga Dark turned to the light once more, and he in turn sealed away his former comrades in the ruins of R'lyeh, absorbing their powers to gain his Type Changes.
Then came a disaster that sealed the fate of the ancient human civilization. The plant monster Gijera arose and its pollen made the humans addicted, placing them in childish stupors which destined the humans to have a "painless destruction". This was a problem; as beings of light, the Ultras refused to interfere with the choices mankind made for itself. The Ultras were forced to leave mankind to its fate as a great evil rose up and destroyed them. As the Ultras left Earth as their natural form of light to return to the nebula they came from, some like Tiga left their physical bodies for their future descendants to find and use to stop the cycle of destruction.
In Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey, the remains of fallen combatants in R'lyeh donated their light to resurrect the defeated Ultraman Tiga as Glitter Tiga, therefore placing an end to both Demonthor and the dark influences from their civilization.
- Ultraman Tiga
- Evil Tiga
- Tiga's companions
- Guardie (Thought not an Ultra, Guardie had a Color Timer and functioned similarly to the Ultras)
- Ultraman Trigger
- Ancient Giants were portrayed by Hiroyuki Okano, Daisuke Terai and Tsuyoshi Matsubara.
- Ancient Giants' grunts are modified version of Ultraman Tiga's produced by Hiroshi Nagano.
- In the battle scenes, the filmmakers used modified Dyna suits, and used split-screen and green screen computer techniques to make it look like they were all on screen at the same time. They darkened the suits via lighting to silhouette their physical appearance so viewers wouldn't pay much attention to them and maintain the sense of atmosphere. The other deceased Ultras in the ruins were either recycled or modeled after other Ultras including Tiga, Gaia, Agul, Ace, Great, Mother of Ultra, Powered, and 80.
- Given Camearra's use of a Sparklence, the same item that Tiga uses, it would appear that this is the default Transformation Item for them.