"To steal all the treasures in the galaxy! That is our code!"
- ―Alien Barossa II, Ultraman Z episode 17
Subtitle: Space Pirate (海賊宇宙人 Kaizoku Uchūjin lit. Pirate Alien)
Their name is likely derived from the Barbarossa brothers, a pair of notorious Turkish pirates who operated off the coast of North Africa during the fifteenth century.
Alien Barossa is designed by artist Kengo Kusunoki under the image of an alien that will represent the Reiwa Era of Japan. True to form, Barossa is the first new alien race in the Reiwa Era of Ultraman Series to be given a suit.
Aiming for the scattered Ultra Medals on Earth, a Barossa piloted King Joe to ambush a GAF facility to steal three medals they obtained and threaten the organization to hand over the other three in their possession. STORAGE took the mission to protect them by acting as diversions while Yoko delivered the real set to JAERC. Meanwhile Barossa was leaving thinking it had the real ones. Unfortunately for STORAGE alike, neither managed to accomplish their task as Shinya Kaburagi was there to steal them from Yoko and lured Barossa/King Joe to his location by opening the special container. Just as King Joe was about to capture the Medals, Z obtain them first and ultimately used them to disable the robot.
Barossa survives long enough to manipulate a STORAGE officer to break into their headquarters to reclaim King Joe. Using Yoko as a hostage, he forces Yuka to reactivate the robot before Juggler prevented him from killing Yuka. Barossa made his way to the hangar by incapacitating Kojiro Inaba's men and electrocuted as soon as he was fooled by a lunchbox. The alien escaped the building by accidentally leaving his looted Ultra Medals behind and grows large to fight Ultraman Z using all of his looted weapons. Yoko gave Barossa's stolen Medals to Z, who uses it to initiate M78 Style Shining Tornado Slash. In his final breath, Barossa proclaims that his other 9,999 younger brothers shall avenge him.
Sometime later, true to the first Barossa's proclamation, one of his younger brothers, Alien Barossa II (バロッサ星人（二代目） Barossa Seijin Nidaime) appeared from the sky and ambushed Z in Delta Rise Claw, who had just slain Metsuboros. In addition to taking the discarded Gillvalis hand from Metsuboros' remains, Barossa II intended to collect the Beliarok as part of his space treasure collection and get his revenge on Ultraman Z for killing his older brother.
Beliarok seemingly complied and allowed Barossa II to use him, but decided to refuse midway through the fight after seeing the sloppiness behind Barossa's attacks. Returning to human size, Barossa II found himself in a three-way confrontation between Haruki and Juggler for Beliarok's possession. Again, he briefly obtained the Beliarok, but the sword decided to choose Juggler instead as his wielder. Wanting to continue with avenging his older brother, Barossa II swallowed Juran seeds to enlarge and faces against Z and Windom. He was able to use Yoko/Windom as his hostage for a brief moment, but the Beliarok returned to Z to turn the tables. Seeing how the battle went to his disadvantage, Barossa II attempted to flee, but was killed by Deathcium Fang.
A third Alien Barossa is due to appear in episode 22 of the series.
- Voice actor: Koichi Toshima (Original), Tomokazu Seki (II)
- The first Barossa lacks a vocal cord and instead speak by chanting and grunting his name, 'Barossa' over and over again. This is not the case with Barossa II, who seemingly managed to learn Japanese on his own.
- For a split second, when the gigantified Barossa I tried to remove the Magma Saber stuck to a building, he was heard saying, "It won't move".
- The Barossa aliens lay 10,000 eggs at once, and the individual that Z had killed happened to be the eldest brother in the brood he originated from.
- Despite his initial claim to avoid unnecessary violence when trying to claim the other three Ultra Medals from STORAGE, the first Barossa was willing to kill Yuka Ohta once she activated King Joe.
- One of Barossa aliens fought Ultraman Zero and gave him a hard time due to its trickery.
- Both of the Barossa brothers had at least one allusion to their voice actors:
- Among the first Barossa's weapons are Dada's Micronizer and Magma's Magma Saber. Koichi Toshima had portrayed and voiced these two aliens at some point, with Magma being his prominent recurring role in most of the Tsuburaya-related events.
- The second Barossa was the subject of Windom Yoko Attack, a burning hand attack from Windom which resembles the Shining/God Finger finishing moves used by Domon Kasshu of Mobile Fighter G Gundam. In addition, Tomokazu Seki also voiced Glenfire, who is also a space pirate like Barossa II.
- Height: 2 ~ 53 m
- Weight: 110 kg ~ 25,000 t
- Origin: Planet Barossa (バロッサ星 Barossa Sei)
- Powers and Weapons
- King Joe: The alien's main transportation is a King Joe robot, it is also his alternative to fight instead of enlarging himself.
- Hypnosis: Once someone is focused on the swirls on its palm, Barossa would spin its hand around chanting, lulling them into a hypnotic trance, giving it time to escape or take control of them. Since an Alien Barossa is naturally unintelligible, they are forced to use a victim of hypnosis to do the talking.
- Agility: Alien Barossa is capable of moving at astounding speeds.
- Weapons: Barossa has an arsenal of weapons that it collected.
- Invisibility Cape: Made from Sartan's hair, wearing it turns Barossa invisible.
- Alien Shaplay's Laser Gun: Alien Barossa possesses a laser gun. This was the same model used by an Alien Shaplay under Gua Army's servitude in Ultraman X episode 14.
- Micronizer Device (ミクロ化機 Mikuro-ka Ki): Dada's shrink ray, which he used to enlarge himself.
- Bat Axe (バットアックス Batto Akkusu): Mold's combat tomahawk.
- Bat Calibre (バットキャリバー Batto Kyaribā): Juda's sword.
- Magma Saber (マグマサーベル Maguma Sāberu): Alien Magma's Pata.
- Hoshikirimaru (星斬丸Zamsher's katana. lit. "Star Slash Circle"):
- Sword Zamber (ソードザンバー Sōdo Zanbā): Mechazam's sword.
- Babarue Stick (ババルウ・スティック Babarū Sutikku): Alien Babarue's sasumata, only the pronged half was shown.
- Raiding Sword (レディング・ソード Redingu Sōdo): A pair of swords from the Valis Raiders.
- Alien Gapiya Abel's Machete
- Alien Bat Gurashie's Sword
- Flight: Wings appear from Barossa's back, which allow it to fly.
- Killer Flash/Kiyla Flash: Barossa can flash blinding lights from his eyes like Kiyla.
- Weapons: Barossa has an arsenal of weapons that it collected.
- Pedanium Launcher (ペダニウムランチャー Pedaniumu Ranchā): An arm cannon utilized by certain model of King Joe units.
- Metsuboros' Mechanical Claws: Gillvalis' own arms, taken from Metsuboros' remains. Barossa II can also summon the weapon by calling Gillvalis' name.
- Energy Whips: Purple energy whips that are generated from the barrels. They can be used to strike or ensnare opponents.
- Galactron Veil (ギャラクトロンベイル Gyarakutoron Beiru): Galactron MK2's axe.
- Beliarok (ベリアロク Beriaroku): The Beliarok temporarily chose Barossa to be its wielder.
- Final Break: Energy projectiles Barossa launches from the Beliarok.
- Juran Seeds: The seeds from the giant plant Juran. After swallowing them, Barossa II enlarges his body to giant size.
|Ultraman Z Kaiju|
|Gomess | Sevenger | Genegarg | Bullton | Celebro | Neronga | Majappa | Bemstar | Segmeger | Windom | Guigass | Gomora | Telesdon | Erimaki-Telesdon | Peguila | Jugglus Juggler | Zeppandon | Gillvalis | Alien Pegassa Pega | Valis Raider | Skull Gomora | Thunder Killer | Pedanium Zetton | Alien Pitt | Tri-King | Five King | King Joe | Alien Barossa | Red King A & B | Giestron | Grigio Raiden | Kanegon | Greeza | Horoboros | Metsuboros | Pagos | Kemur | Baraba | M1 | Kelbim | Mother Kelbim|