Algona (アルゴナ Arugona) is a Kaiju that hatched from an ancient egg. He first appeared in Ultraman Gaia.
Subtitle: Ancient Monster (古代怪獣 Kodai Kaijū)
Algona's egg was discovered by a scientist and was supposed to be delivered to XIG's air base. However, Algona's egg spewed out an acid goo, which burned a hole in the plane and fell to the land below.
Then some time later, while some people were playing basketball, the Algona's egg fell into their net. The people then decided to take care the egg and then sent a ransom note to the press, and they call themselves "Alien Fuluda" (フルータ星人). When the KBC News Crew got the photos of the Algona's egg, they reported them to X.I.G.
Before the ransomers decided to send another ransom note, they found out that the egg was growing bigger and bigger. The criminals then decided to take the egg to the country side, so it wouldn't hatch in the city. However, their trail was picked up by the KBC Crew and a scientist. After the ransomers drop the egg off in the county, the KBC Crew, and the scientist catch up to them and ask them what they had done to the egg.
As the ransomers begin to explain how they found the egg, the egg hatched into Algona. Not long after Ultraman Gaia quickly arrived, and the two engaged in combat. Ultraman Gaia was being easily overpowered by Algona's strength and energy beam. However, Ultraman Gaia managed deliver some damage to Algona, then Gaia quickly turn the tables and overpowered Algona, Gaia then change into Supreme Version and handle the monster easily. Before Ultraman Gaia could finish the monster, the scientist told him to not destroy Algona but to preserve him. Ultraman Gaia then used his Gaia Blizzard and froze Algona and took him to the Arctic for the monster for future study. Though Algona had been spared by Gaia, the cold temperatures of the Arctic where the laboratory was meant that hopefully, he wouldn't be a threat to anyone any time soon.
- Algona was one of the youngest monsters to fight an Ultraman, as he was hatched from his egg in his premiere episode.
- Algona shares the same subtitle as Gomora and Gomess.
- There were no alien in Ultraman Gaia called Alien-- (--星人), so "Alien Fuluda" (フルータ星人) is the only "Alien" (星人）in Ultraman Gaia.
- Algona's roar is a stock monster sound.
- The Algona suit would later be reused to portray an unnamed, silhouetted monster in the Ultraman Cosmos episode, "Monster Hunter".
- Despite its dinosaur-like appearance, Algona is in fact a synapsid. In its episode, it is referred to as a missing link between reptiles and mammals.
- Height: 51 m
- Length: 53 m
- Weight: 45,000 t
- Origin: Antarctica
- Powers and Weapons
- Rapid Growth: Due to it being a missing link between reptiles and mammals, Algona grows to the full size of an adult while still in its egg, and can do so in a matter of days or even hours.
- Energy Beam: Algona can fire an orange beam from his mouth, the strength of this beam is average.
- Strength: Algona has a super strength that strong enough to hold its own fight with Ultraman Gaia.