"Tonight, I present for your amusement... the death of Rena Sayama! And when that's done... I'll slaughter everyone else for an encore!"
Adad (アダド Adado) is an alien that appears in the 2011 manga ULTRAMAN. He is an Alien Scruda (スクルーダ星人 Sukurūda Seijin).
NOTE: Due to there being several differences between the manga and anime adaptation, the History section has been split into two tabs.
Despite being an agent of the Alliance, he is not well trusted, due to his unorthodox behavior. He sometimes behaves with no concern for his mission and his orders.
Adad first revealed himself at a Rena Sayama concert, breaking a man's neck before appearing on stage, where he explained that he planned on killing Rena, and then everyone else "as an encore." Shinjiro and Moroboshi responded in their Ultraman Suits, causing the crowd to think it was a publicity stunt, where they fought the alien to a standstill until Bemular arrived.
When Alien Igaru arrived to protect Rena, Adad stopped the battle, allowing Bemular to leave and revealing that the entire thing was staged to draw out Pigmon, last survivor of Planet Igaru. The floating mines he had set up before, which hovered over the crowd's head, were revealed to be projectors, which he used to reveal the truth, that aliens were living peacefully on Earth and that the murders were perpetrated by humans, who had befriended and used Pigmon to kill any naysayers of Rena, and in jealousy had put a bounty on Ultraman (Shinjiro). Adad slay Pigmon on stage, before teleporting away. Edo stopped Moroboshi from stopping him, due to Adad revealing his position as an agent of the Star Cluster Council.
He later appeared before his superior to be given a new mission, going to Bemular to ask why he tried to save the airplane. He was unable to get much out of him and left.
Adad re-emerged when Yapool and Jack went missing. Adad approached Red and warned him about the Star of Darkness getting more active, and recruited him to find Yapool, who was in America with Jack. He and Red recruited Kotaro after nursing him back to health, having heard about him in the news.
Adad joined the others in the battle against the Star of Darkness, taking on the footsoldiers, but soon found themselves overwhelmed by the Golden Fortress. Fortunately, Moroboshi arrived with new weapons and single-handedly destoyed the giant robot, leaving them and the other Ultramen to fight against the Star of Darkness' members. Adad dealt with the alien who could control gravity by smashing his head in with his staff.
At some point, Adad had found out about the truth behind the recent killings commited by Alien Bris. He robbed Alien Igaru of his communicator and headed to Rena Sayama's concert. There, he interrupted Rena's performance as he planted floating bombs over the heads of the audience. This in turn causes Shinjiro Hayata and Dan Moroboshi to act, and they rush in to fight him, but they are easily beaten. Adad even causes some of the lights above to fall on the audience, which Shinjiro and Moroboshi have to catch. The fight is further interrupted by the sudden appearance of Bemular, who challenges Shinjiro and then cuts off the entire roof, causing it to collapse, making Shinjiro have to hold it up. Rena shouts at them all for ruining her concert but Adad threatens to kill her, until Igaru shows up. With his true target now appearing, Adad drops the act and kills Igaru, before proceeding to explain himself, while detonating the 'bombs', which were filled with glitter and confetti. He exposes the true culprits behind the recent killings as well as the hitman they had hired to take Alien Bris' place. After all was done, he simply teleported away.
Adad later meets up with Bemular to talk about the airplane tragedy 12 years ago. He believes that Bemular did not destroy the plane, but was instead trying to protect it.
- Powers and Weapons
- Strength: Adad is strong enough to rival Moroboshi in his Ultraman suit, and can break a human neck with ease. His body is also conditioned to withstand extreme gravitational forces.
- Agility: Adad is able to jump high into air and perform various acrobatic feats.
- Combat Staff: Adad wields a combat staff that can counter Moroboshi's Specium Sword.
- Knife: Adad also bears a combat knife.
- Disguise: Adad is able to disguise himself as a human.
- Combat Prowess: Adad is clearly an expert in combat as he was able to easily handle both Shinjiro and Moroboshi at the same time.
- Agility: Adad is able to jump high into air and perform various acrobatic feats, and can dodge Shinjiro and Moroboshi's attacks.
- Knife: Adad also bears a combat knife.
- Teleportation: Adad either has the ability to teleport or has a device for that function.
Manga and Anime Differences
- The fight against Shinjiro and Moroboshi was made considerably longer while his exposing of Igaru and his accomplices' deeds were shortened in the anime.
- His 'bomb's were not projectors, they simply exploded into harmless materials.
- He immediately killed Igaru in the anime when he had the chance, instead of exposing him to the crowd while he was still alive.
- Adad is clearly a homage to Dada.
- Further tying into this idea, the original Dada was an 'Agent' sent by his people on a mission.
- More obviously, Adad is Dada spelled backwards.
- Adad is 271 years old during the story. The original Dada who appeared is Agent #271.
- Adad speaks in an eloquent way, but has a cruel streak and mocks others.
- Adad's species are warlike due to having inferior physical abilities to most of the aliens in the Ultraman Series. Adad himself was subject to genetic manipulation procedures to increase his combat ability. He was the first to undergo this procedure.
- Adad's full title is Agent Adad of the Immigration Administration Bureau under the Star Cluster Council.